About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 15862 views.
Nope62

Jun-12

You are a Great example of what a positive attitude can do! How far are you into your quit? With that attitude you should have no trouble keeping it!

Take Care!

DebraAnne60

Jun-13

Thank you I appreciate that.  I am 5 months and 13 days.   whooohooo and goin on....

Cheers to to you Nope62 

In reply toRe: msg 30
slowblumer

Jun-13

Hi June Ex Smokers,

This is a good testimony to read if you find yourself listening to that voice to 'just have one'.

I Really Believed I Had Nicotine Addiction Licked...Jenn's Story

I'd like to introduce you to Jenn, a member of the support forum here at About.com Smoking Cessation. After three months of smoking cessation, a night on the town changed everything. Read Jenn's story and remember it the next time an urge to smoke hits. Thanks for sharing your story so honestly, Jenn.

TinyBadger

Jun-13

Omg I needed this at right this moment! I was just having that junkie thinking of having just one. A slip, you know, not a relapse. I could do it on the sly and no one would know. So I came to this forum looking for support and this article was here! Thanks so much for posting articles often. I really do need them.

slowblumer

Jun-13

Hey Tiny.

If you feel like you will slip , come here and post and post again.

Like Jenn said,  Stop..  'wait out the 3 to 5 minutes, take some deep breaths, drink some water, take a shower, do some jumping jacks or whatever it is that will help you get past those faulty thoughts of smoking. DO NOT GIVE IN to that little annoying voice'. 

TinyBadger

Jun-13

Well, like I had a mini freak out, but I walked the dogs and feel better. I have to do some shopping, so that will distract me. I notice I am coughing less and that's good because I'm getting better sleep. I'm sleeping better, which is weird because a lot of people here complain of insomnia. I am still using a patch, and am doing my best to keep busy. Im sure I'm getting annoying by posting all over, but it's keeping me strong.

slowblumer

Jun-13

Hey Tiny,

Your are definitely not annoying.  This is exactly what the forum is for.  None of us is always here but if you are having a hard time with craves post and usually someone will offer you support.  

The coughing less is wonderful.  Before I quit I had the 'smoker's cough' every single morning.   Keep on thinking about all the benefits you are winning  one day at a time.  The list is long for us all.

turtles

Jun-13

I hear your plea about wishing you’d wake up happy to be a non smoker, I will tell you that after quitting april 1 2019, when I got to 4 months, that’s how I felt.  Glad that 95% of the time I was past thinking about it. And now, the only time it ever occurs to me that I don’t smoke is if I’m on here. You can get there!

TinyBadger

Jun-13

I really hope so. I was pretty desperate this morning. My husband got me up and on a walk, which helped. Then we went shopping. Unfortunately, after dinner he went outside and smoked. He says he's not ready and I respect his honestly. I know it can be done, but damn it's hard to quit with another smoker around. I keep reading articles here and trying to stay neutral with him. I told him when he's ready that I'll be there for him. I'm glad at least he is keeping me distracted and being my cheerleader. It's weird how he's not ready but he's trying really hard to keep me motivated. Hopefully he'll quit soon. The mornings will get easier. I'm trying to change up my routine and the meditation and eating a healthy breakfast seem to help. It requires getting up a little earlier but whatever it takes.

KittieM

Jun-14

Hi! I have made the decision to quit & I feel happy & petrified.

I am not a forum sort of person usually so I am not sure if this is appropriate but I wanted to thank everyone here for being here relaxed 

and wish you all the most wonderful happy healthy futures!

A question I have is, did/does anyone else feel a sense of grief? 

I realise this may be an odd emotion and I don't understand it but I definitely feel it.

Many thanks for any thoughts relaxed