About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 17747 views.
TinyBadger

Sep-22

Pretty good! I'm so glad you're doing well. My husband bought me a macro for my nikon but they call it a micro in the catalog and manuals. So weird. I love taking up close pictures of things. Sometimes we miss the beauty in a small thing when we are looking at the bush. I have a garden so there is no shortage of flower pictures, but I admit that I am not even close to your talent. You really are very good at what you do. I'm glad you find it a relaxing way to quit smoking. You're doing so great, I can't even tell you how excited I am for you in this quit. I think it's going to stick! 

Jatchat

Sep-22

How neat, my wife bought me my Macro, Yeserday was the first time I had been on a field trip using it. It's hard to get focus and maintain it without a tripod, I left it in the car yesterday, but we were moving quite quickly, and nobody else in the group used one. It was fun and I didn't once think about smoking, but when I got home the cravings started and then I remembered I hadn't changed my patch, this I did and problem solved.

Glad your feeling OK, thanks for the compliments, I will try to honour your faith in me and persevere with my quit.

Kind regards

Anthony

A Flannel Flower (Actinotus helianthus)

Loreficent

Sep-22

Oh! That is pretty! 
I like it. Like a little hopeful Sun. 
Strong work keeping on with the patch Anthony. Keep it up! 

Jatchat

Sep-22

Thanks Lore,

I have just been for my walk, quite a healthy breeze today, Yes must remember to change it, the patch that is...Keep strong, how's that finger?

Kind regards

Anthony

Loreficent

Sep-22

It is sore. I just soaked it. Not draining yet but does feel like fluid in there. If it doesn’t drain by tomorrow I’m gonna lance it regardless of what Tiny says! I’m taking antibiotics so it should be ok. Will heal quicker if the pus came out and I can’t play my piano. Shorter walk due to smoke so am on here too much!! Lol!

I swear by the patches. 

• Edited September 22, 2020 9:53 pm  by  Loreficent
Jatchat

Sep-22

Never mind, be careful, sterilise the weapon of choice before you lance it, I don't envy you one bit. Pity about the piano, but it can wait, sending you healing thoughts...

Kind regards

Anthony

Loreficent

Sep-22

Thanks Anthony!

Will let you know tomorrow. Got a sterile #11 blade disposable scalpel from my first aid kit that will work perfectly if it comes to that. Yeah, people used to manage small things like this on their own all the time! Geez...my Dad the Carpenter/Farmer never would have gone in for this!
Course he probably would have had good leather gloves on working around an Agave too though! He was smarter than me. 

TinyBadger

Sep-22

Don't do it, loreficent! You don't want to do damage to yourself! 

Loreficent

Sep-22

Oh, Tiny...there are those would say I’m already damaged! Or at least damaged goods! Lol! 
Soaking it now and typing on iPad with left hand. Gonna walk off here about 9 and am very excited. The wind had shifted earlier and brought in a lot of smoke and the air quality declined to near 180 for a while so I didn’t go earlier for long. Just a short romp over to the park with Max and Whoopi. Nice dirt trail around this park close to me. I think like 3 times around makes a mile? I don’t go there at night in the dark though as folks camp often and you never know. Got me a good couple hours planned and I can barely sit still waiting to go. Air quality down to 31. 
I think it may drain some on its own. I see a little black thing in there now after a couple of soaks so maybe the tip of that thorn is in there. Like I said...never underestimate salt water soaks. Seriously. 
OK. Time to take it out now. Won’t lance it tonight unles it’s throbbing bad enough to keep me awake! 
Will go tell John all about my lesson I learned. Just can’t wait to get moving tonight! Mmmm. 

TinyBadger

Sep-23

How's it going, Anthony?