About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 17781 views.
TinyBadger

Sep-23

How's it going, Anthony? 

Jatchat

Sep-24

Busted, Just couldn't make it through, have smoked five today, rang my counselor and she thinks I need anti depressants, wants me to see my doctor, there's more at stake here than a pill, there's some issue I haven't worked out what it is yet, but lack of sleep is certainly not helping. Any thoughts?

Kind regards

Anthony

TinyBadger

Sep-24

Lack of sleep sucks. It makes me crave "naughty" carbs and want to smoke. I hope you will get your sleep schedule back. I've been told by my doctor to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. You can Google other sleep hygiene tips, so I won't bore you here. I also hope you aren't too stressed out. It's ok to slip, promise. I want you to know that I still respect you, and will no matter what. You will quit because I know how much you want to. Youll find the right recipe for success, I just know it. I won't pretend to know you, but if a professional thinks maybe a medication might help you, then I say it's worth a try. I mean, what have you got to lose? I've heard that in a simplified way, some of the prescription aids help with depression. (Not saying you are depressed) you can do this, Anthony! I will never, ever stop believing in you. You are a talented, creative, intelligent and caring man from what I can tell. You deserve all the best life has to offer and that includes a life without smoking. You know and have read all about it, I won't tell you all the pros and cons of quitting because I know you've heard all that crap before. What I can tell you is that I hope you keep trying, and posting here for support. Your persistence I'd inspiring and I can't wait for you to join the clubhouse!

Anne2020

Sep-24

I'm sorry but, your profile says your first visit to this site was in 2015.  Have you been trying to quite smoking since 2015?

Jatchat

Sep-24

Back on track, Tiny. A good nights sleep makes all the difference, last cigarette at 6 pm yesterday, that makes it 17 hrs.

TinyBadger

Sep-24

I'm glad you're back on track! Sleeping does make a big difference, I think. Keep me posted.

Jatchat

Sep-24

I have an appointment with dietician at 2 PM, It's 1:40 now, better run

In reply toRe: msg 142
Jatchat

Sep-25

Appointment with dietician went well, happy with my diet choices, doesn't want to see me again unless I want to phone her. She said when I first went to see her in January of this year I weighed 113 Kg, now I weigh 93 Kg a loss of 20 Kg over 9 months. I am pleased with that. Not so pleased with my progress quitting cigarettes. Though I have spent the majority of the year quit, I have not managed a sustained quit. Will keep trying, 

Jatchat

Sep-25

Hi Anne,

I first started a quit back in 2000, on the former site bouncing back and forth between quitting and smoking, I didn't get serious until this year Jan 1. And I have spent some time quit this year, my longest being two and a half months. I will crack it I am sure. Perseverance is the key to quitting, sometimes my mental health gets in the way. Stability is something I crave for.

Kind regards

Anthony

Anne2020

Sep-25

Well that is determination for sure.  I hope you can crack it but hey, anytime not smoking is good time.