About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 16853 views.
Jatchat

Sep-24

I have an appointment with dietician at 2 PM, It's 1:40 now, better run

In reply toRe: msg 142
Jatchat

Sep-25

Appointment with dietician went well, happy with my diet choices, doesn't want to see me again unless I want to phone her. She said when I first went to see her in January of this year I weighed 113 Kg, now I weigh 93 Kg a loss of 20 Kg over 9 months. I am pleased with that. Not so pleased with my progress quitting cigarettes. Though I have spent the majority of the year quit, I have not managed a sustained quit. Will keep trying, 

Jatchat

Sep-25

Hi Anne,

I first started a quit back in 2000, on the former site bouncing back and forth between quitting and smoking, I didn't get serious until this year Jan 1. And I have spent some time quit this year, my longest being two and a half months. I will crack it I am sure. Perseverance is the key to quitting, sometimes my mental health gets in the way. Stability is something I crave for.

Kind regards

Anthony

Anne2020

Sep-25

Well that is determination for sure.  I hope you can crack it but hey, anytime not smoking is good time.    

In reply toRe: msg 145
Jatchat

Sep-27

It's Sunday here down under, and I have just finished raiding the pantry, I have my calories up for the day and I haven't had tea yet, Did my walk today the last 60% with a friend, we took a different route, cattle smells, view of the river and new flowers blooming after all it is Spring.

I could have smoked the cigarettes are hiding in the cupboard but NOPE, I had to come on here and pass the time away and rant a little, they are so inviting yet they are so deadly, I dare not, it is my third day of my new quit. I am determined to fight for this one...I am sick of getting a quit started only to fail over and over again, the only way over this hump is through despite the adverse consequences, besides no one has ever died of quitting...

I don't know what is coming up this week, my computer (the other half of my brain) is in the workshop for 10-12 days, so I am on my laptop, no records on here, Oh yes I do have backups but there a month old, note to myself should have backed up before putting desktop in shop. Oh well, still thinking about counsellor wanting to put me on anti-depressants, I feel much better with a decent nights sleep, I don't think it's necessary, anyway she is not a clinician, but my doctor keeps asking me if I want to see a psychologist, Oh the worried well. The less of that crap I'm on the better, drugs that is, so what if life is a bit raw and emotional that's life, I jut reflect on the beauty I see in the world and think what a grand place it is.

Kind regards

Anthony

TinyBadger

Sep-27

You sound more peaceful than your last post. I'm glad you're spending time here instead of smoking. It must be a real temptation to have them around but you are doing a great job! Remember this feeling, the feeling of pride that comes from not giving in. Even though I can't actually hear you talking, sometimes I feel like I can hear disappointment when you have a smoke. No disappointment today! Take that, cigarettes! You're not getting Anthony today! 

Jatchat

Sep-27

True Tiny they're not getting me today, I just realised I haven't put a patch on for two days though I have been using gum. I have done my exercises and been for my walk had breakfast, now the day is mine all mine

TinyBadger

Sep-27

You did this without your patches? That's AMAZING! It just goes to show that you can do this. Keep fighting, and don't quit quitting! I'm so proud of you.

Jatchat

Sep-27

I still have not put a patch on, I have had two gums it's now 1:50 pm I was due to put a patch on last night or the night before, I have lost all track of time, talk about head spin, 

Eve1973

Sep-28

Keep going Anthony, but don’t be hero, if you are having craves......put that patch on rather than reaching for your wife’s smokes!