About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 17777 views.
In reply toRe: msg 145
Jatchat

Sep-27

It's Sunday here down under, and I have just finished raiding the pantry, I have my calories up for the day and I haven't had tea yet, Did my walk today the last 60% with a friend, we took a different route, cattle smells, view of the river and new flowers blooming after all it is Spring.

I could have smoked the cigarettes are hiding in the cupboard but NOPE, I had to come on here and pass the time away and rant a little, they are so inviting yet they are so deadly, I dare not, it is my third day of my new quit. I am determined to fight for this one...I am sick of getting a quit started only to fail over and over again, the only way over this hump is through despite the adverse consequences, besides no one has ever died of quitting...

I don't know what is coming up this week, my computer (the other half of my brain) is in the workshop for 10-12 days, so I am on my laptop, no records on here, Oh yes I do have backups but there a month old, note to myself should have backed up before putting desktop in shop. Oh well, still thinking about counsellor wanting to put me on anti-depressants, I feel much better with a decent nights sleep, I don't think it's necessary, anyway she is not a clinician, but my doctor keeps asking me if I want to see a psychologist, Oh the worried well. The less of that crap I'm on the better, drugs that is, so what if life is a bit raw and emotional that's life, I jut reflect on the beauty I see in the world and think what a grand place it is.

Kind regards

Anthony

TinyBadger

Sep-27

You sound more peaceful than your last post. I'm glad you're spending time here instead of smoking. It must be a real temptation to have them around but you are doing a great job! Remember this feeling, the feeling of pride that comes from not giving in. Even though I can't actually hear you talking, sometimes I feel like I can hear disappointment when you have a smoke. No disappointment today! Take that, cigarettes! You're not getting Anthony today! 

Jatchat

Sep-27

True Tiny they're not getting me today, I just realised I haven't put a patch on for two days though I have been using gum. I have done my exercises and been for my walk had breakfast, now the day is mine all mine

TinyBadger

Sep-27

You did this without your patches? That's AMAZING! It just goes to show that you can do this. Keep fighting, and don't quit quitting! I'm so proud of you.

Jatchat

Sep-27

I still have not put a patch on, I have had two gums it's now 1:50 pm I was due to put a patch on last night or the night before, I have lost all track of time, talk about head spin, 

Eve1973

Sep-28

Keep going Anthony, but don’t be hero, if you are having craves......put that patch on rather than reaching for your wife’s smokes! 

Jatchat

Sep-28

I will take your advice, I don't want to risk my quit, thanks Eve

TinyBadger

Sep-28

You're doing this, my friend! I'm glad you're making decisions based on how you feel, but I agree with eve, slap that bad boy on there if you need it. Any photographs today? How's the walking going? 

Jatchat

Sep-28

Thanks Tiny,

Yes went out photographing this morning, nothing to write home about, did m exercises and went for my 10K step walk,  went back to get more sleep I have this nasty habit of waking at 1 am in the morning, can't shake it, so I come on here and rant a bit and do some reading. all's good here how about you?

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Well, I had a couple really close calls today. It was bad. Real bad. But I did make it through without smoking so that's good. I didn't walk today, I was not feeling myself and thats a great reason to walk but I bagged it and ate take out. Today I cried because I wanted to smoke so badly. It was very embarrassing because I was at work. I just couldn't help it, I just felt like I had to have one RIGHT NOW and I knew I couldn't. It was awful. I cried on a bratwurst. My kraut was moistened quite a bit. It was really bad. But here I am, a non smoker holding strong. So just remember at least you don't cry in your lunch and at least you don't smoke.