About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 17825 views.
Jatchat

Sep-28

Thanks Tiny,

Yes went out photographing this morning, nothing to write home about, did m exercises and went for my 10K step walk,  went back to get more sleep I have this nasty habit of waking at 1 am in the morning, can't shake it, so I come on here and rant a bit and do some reading. all's good here how about you?

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Well, I had a couple really close calls today. It was bad. Real bad. But I did make it through without smoking so that's good. I didn't walk today, I was not feeling myself and thats a great reason to walk but I bagged it and ate take out. Today I cried because I wanted to smoke so badly. It was very embarrassing because I was at work. I just couldn't help it, I just felt like I had to have one RIGHT NOW and I knew I couldn't. It was awful. I cried on a bratwurst. My kraut was moistened quite a bit. It was really bad. But here I am, a non smoker holding strong. So just remember at least you don't cry in your lunch and at least you don't smoke.

Jatchat

Sep-29

Sorry to hear about your turn, but so glad you didn't smoke if it was me I would have caved in, I am sure. Going to see my counsellor at 3:30 pm, she wants me to keep a journal, I do anyway, it's just on another computer, the one in for repairs. I wrote a few notes, I will have to install software on this computer to activate the printer, it never ends all these tech issues. Still I am smoke free so far today, I had a slip up last night, just one, but I reset the clock. I felt like one this morning but I was able to resist the temptation, it's tough going, but we will make it.

Kind regards

Anthony

TinyBadger

Sep-29

You will make it! I'm glad you're keeping a journal. Maybe that will shed some light on what you're going through. Maybe something that doesn't seem that stressful, is. You never know til you review. And maybe a counselor could give you some insight. I see a therapist and sometimes she points out something I never would have thought of. I guess a fresh set of eyes helps. I'm glad you didn't have one this morning, either. You're getting the hang of resisting and that's a good thing! I think my success yesterday was because of the forum. I freaked out and posted and the gals responded. Had they not, I probably would have smoked. That's why I come here, because I can get help when I need it. I hope you feel like you get help, too. They say support plays a large role in success at quitting. Have a nice walk today and stay away from all that poisonous stuff you've got there! Especially the snakes.

Jatchat

Oct-1

Hi Tiny,

Last Thursday I started a four day quit, Monday night I broke and I have had one cigarette, morning and night since, tonight I am going straight to bed without an evening smoke. I have been busy today and now am answering emails/posts, Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, (yesterday). I have started doing some Macro work with my photography, today I went into some bushland not far from where I live, It's a technique I have yet to master, tomorrow I will try Manual focus instead of auto focus, see if that makes a difference and go a little earlier, before the wind starts up. Keeping busy keeps me away from cigarettes. Hope you had a good day, what kind of work do you do?

Kind regards

Anthony

TinyBadger

Oct-1

I am an analyst for the medical records department for a hospital. It sounds boring but it's a lot of fun, I think. I'm sorry you broke but am glad you're out and about and staying free from the smokes. It's ok to take a while to respond, I just don't want you to think I forgot about you! Getting out helps me too, and I admit I'm still learning photography myself. Manuel I'd rough and I had to do a lot of internet searching to learn about f stops and shutter speeds. I'm still pretty crappy st it but I enjoy it. Not as good as you, but I do especially enjoy pictures of my garden and downtown. Yesterday was ok, still want to smoke off and on, but did make it through. Id like to say that I'm cured of urges but that's simply not true, although they are less frequent. Everyone here talks about peace and I'm hoping to find that eventually.

Jatchat

Oct-1

That does sound interesting Tiny, your job that is, I am going through the horrors, tempted to have a cigarette, but adamant that it is definitely the wrong thing to do, I overcome the urge last night and went straight to bed, this morning I went to that section on page 12 of Allen Carr's book where it outlines in graphic detail what smoking  does to you, he's a great salesman...and it reinforces my values on health and wellbeing, so important to me, just have to get through this...

In reply toRe: msg 160
Jatchat

Oct-1

Well I got through it, a values bases decision, it was hard, I threw myself into exercise, it was difficult to focus at first but gradually the cravings receded, I've been for my walk, and the day is free now, oh I have a Zoom session at 3 pm with grow. Long weekend here Queens birthday holiday. nothing planned. Take care all you wonderful people....

TinyBadger

Oct-1

You made it! I knew you could! You threw yourself into something and now you simply must congratulate yourself. I went to the dentist today and got a big cheer for quitting smoking. It was great to have someone tell me I did a good job. You're going to get that from your counselor and your doctors. Everyone is rooting for you and ready to help you when you need it. You're so lucky to have so many things at your disposal. You're doing it and I'm so proud!

Jatchat

Oct-2

Well done, the dentist should know what good things you are doing for your health, Congratulations Tiny,

Thanks for the encouragement, it is appreciated, I am almost half way through the second day quit, It will be alright, I'm glad I won that fight with the cravings this morning it gives me strength to carry on into the next temptation. I used a lot of gum yesterday, have eased off a tad today, but it's there if I need it, Going onto Zoom shortly so I will sign out, I read through your posts with your tribe when you were craving real bad, and well done for not giving in. Weren't the girls great.

Kind regards

Anthony