About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 16153 views.
Loreficent

Oct-19

I agree with Tiny! Keep the pics coming!

Yes...a plan. How can we help?? You know we aren’t gonna give up on you and one day you might just look back and say, wow! It’s been months! I’ve finally got those girls off my back! But...we will still be here! blush

CC to TinyBadger
Jatchat

Oct-19

I  thank you both for persevering with me, your help has been valuable and shows that you care, I wouldn't keep coming back to this site if that wasn't the case. 

Kind regards

Anthony

I'm on a road to somewhere

Loreficent

Oct-19

Oh, I love this visual and message Anthony, thank you! Yes, you are, and it is nice to know you and the rest of us are not alone, yes? So this will be the 3rd time I posted this link tonight, and I’m sure you’ve seen it float around the Forum before, but perhaps, you can print it out and carry with you. If it speaks to you. Also, like I told Dan and Jaka in the other thread, you will see it is written by a woman, but, as we know, bad dates and break ups work both ways!

https://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/3393/1

• Edited October 19, 2020 2:21 am  by  Loreficent
Jatchat

Oct-19

Good one, it is O so true, I have seen similar love stories but not that one before, thank you

12 hours and counting

Loreficent

Oct-19

Beautiful. Counting is easy and moments add up. Play your guitar some today since the knee is flared up. Nap too! I’m off to bed soon. Has been a very long day and I’m plain worn out. Will look for more pretty pictures when I wake! 

Jatchat

Oct-19

Sweet dreams, I will be watching/listening to a relaxation broadcast tonight 8pm, should help with the stress component of quitting.

Cravings are just waves that dissipate with time

TinyBadger

Oct-19

I love this! I am a sucker for a good up close with plants. And the colors! You've found my soft spot. I hope you're doing ok, it sounds like your working your way into a day and the relaxation exercises should help. I like the dear John letter, it rings true with me. So hard to say goodbye though. I wish quitting was easier. Struggling a bit today but I'm holding strong and hope you will too 

Jatchat

Oct-20

Hi Tiny, glad you like the photos, I am doing fine, but just went to a memorial service for one of our friends who passed away, and I was hankering for a smoke when I got back home, then my wife lights up and left the door open so smoke is wafting through the house, I shut the study door and opened the window, grabbed a lozenge and opened my email. 

The instructor was quite impressed with my level of fitness the exercises were exact replicas of the ones the hospital gave me. Sorry please explain I attended via zoom a pre assessment session with an exercise physiologist this morning, quite distinct from the relaxation class I attended last night, that was good also, so I've resolved to shut off all electronic equipment at 7 pm at night and then do a relaxation exercise session for 10-20 minutes, that should get me in the mood for sleep, and when I wake up at 2 am in the morning go through the relaxation exercises again until I fall asleep, hope this all makes sense. 

I attended my weekly session with the quit smoking counselor today and got a blast from her for smoking, rightly so, I have just been ill disciplined and have not exercised my willpower when faced with cravings. I am now wearing two patches and using lozenges and am 1 day 12 hrs into this quit. whew made it through the first day.

The Dear John letter was good and outlined why we should not be romancing cigarettes.

Hold fast to your quit you have invested so much time now, and just learn to be patient with  the process, that's a lesson for me as well.

Take care Tiny

Kind regards

Anthony

Anne2020

Oct-20

Two patches plus lozenge would make me sick.  I think you are putting too much nicotine into your system.  Please be careful.  You could poison yourself or give yourself a heart attack.       

Jatchat

Oct-20

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your concern, according  to Professor Renee Bittoun of the Smokers Clinic at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney the Transdermal patch delivers 0.3  mg nicotine per hour for one day, on the other hand a 1.2 mg cigarette delivers 1.2 mg in 40 minutes in my case, therefore two patches delivers 0.6 mg/ hr way below that of a cigarette, evidence based science shows that those who can not quit cold turkey show a 60-70% better chance of quitting with NRT.

Kind regards

Anthony