About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 11432 views.
Ovivi

Sep-1

What a beautiful story of love and determination, Tiny. You both rock!

TinyBadger

Sep-1

Absolutely not out of line! I appreciate the fact that you care. I see a therapist and someone who works with her to do my meds. I've come a long ways in the past years and I can't wait to see what the future holds. Especially now that I don't smoke. I can do this and I have the utmost confidence in you to do the same! How's today rolling? Smooth, I hope. Did you sleep better today/last night? 

Loreficent

Sep-2

Oh...please post those! 
I saw the Band of the Milky Way last week while at the Coast here and it was just breathtaking. Really gives some perspective, for me anyway, on the grand scheme and insignificance of some things and yet the potential significance of others. Nothing like laying under the clear sky and breathing easy. Can’t wait to see those pics Anthony.

Hope today is good down there!

Jatchat

Sep-2

I watched it, Aversion Therapy I think, he's very animated, waves his arms around a lot. The message is good

Congratulations on getting through your craves, I spoke to a quit smoking therapist today, I ran out of 21mg patches so I put a 14 mg on till I went down the chemist, but strangely enough  I haven't needed the 21 mg, go figure? The quit smoking therapist wants me to stay on the 14 mg and use a lozenge if I get a craving...so far no cravings? Well I have kept fairly busy today. The therapist also said what I went through was just a slip up not a relapse.

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Sep-2

I am still not sleeping well, thanks for asking, I was going to have an afternoon nap but time got away from me again and instead I went for a 8K walk. Sounds like you have everything under control That confidence that quitting brings is unreal, Hope springs eternal.

Jatchat

Sep-2

Yes everything is fine, bought new joggers yesterday and had orthotics fitted today  and straight away went for  a 8K walk, love my new shoes. so much more comfortable than the last pair. Lets hope for a no cloud night when viewing the milky way it is awesome, I get lost in them they are magnificent.

Two days, 16 hours, 23 minutes and 53 seconds. 83 cigarettes not smoked, saving $103.74. Life saved: 6 hours, 55 minutes.

• Edited September 2, 2020 5:15 am  by  Jatchat
xvaper

Sep-2

That's great news. Yes. you did. not relapse into chain smoking. Sounds like a promising development for you, with the 14mg. Busy. is so important..  

Jatchat

Sep-2

It's a struggle, have used a lozenge this morning.

xvaper

Sep-2

Man, I have been having a difficult three days, I came very very close, but at the last minute I got it together. You can do it.

TinyBadger

Sep-2

Good for you guys for holding strong! I just found out I've been using the lozenges too long so I'm trying to use mint Lifesavers to ease my pain. You guys are really doing this thing, we are doing this thing, together! How awesome is it that all these people that don't know each other can get together and cheer each other on? We are beating this addiction, sometimes by the skin of our teeth, but we are doing this. Everybody stay strong. This is a very big deal. 

CC to Jatchat