About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My father passed away   Quit Support

Started Dec-30 by alexisfree; 2312 views.
alexisfree

Dec-30

Hi y’all,

My mom found my dad cold yesterday.  I can’t even begin to describe how I feel.  He was my hero.  My rock.  I don’t even think I sent him a birthday card this year.  I called.  But I usually send a really nice card.  He was the best dad.  I’m so sorrowful.  He would be so proud of me that I quit smoking.  He quit too after his heart attack in 2012.  He was sober 21 years.  He was a great example.  He was so smart.  He would always listen to me when I was in a panic.  I am going to miss him so much.  Just trying to make it thru today without a cigarette.  Love you guys.

June2019

Dec-30

So sorry Alex. Can't imagine. Sending you prayers for peace & strength

alexisfree

Dec-30

Thanks June purple_heart

turtles

Dec-30

I send heartfelt sympathies to you.  My husband of 30 yrs, he was 59, died suddenly 12 years ago.  Our four children, 19-27, were totally stunned for a year..they were sorry they didn’t say I love you the day before etc etc.  I told them and now you, don’t dwell on what you feel you didn’t do, focus instead on how he knew you loved him and how important he was.

alexisfree

Dec-30

Thank you Turtles heart I really appreciate your kind words 

SusanK1960

Dec-30

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for the pain of your loss! My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.

We are all so sorry for the loss of your dad. It's a tough one. It took me over six months till I could talk about my dad without breaking out in tears he was 73 years old. When we lose our parents we feel that loss deeply as one generation is gone. Think of all the good times and lean on your best friends and help support your poor mom. His heart must have given out while he slept and it sounds like he went peacefully. My deepest sympathy.

Yes your dad would be very very proud of you for not allowing his death to push you back to smoking. Hugs!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Belinda2019

Dec-30

I’m so sorry to hear this Alex, you and your family must be beyond devastated. Love and hugs to you and your family xxxx

Arielle2019

Dec-30

Sending you hugs and strenght heart

Ovivi

Dec-30

Thinking of you, Alex. I hope you have peace.