About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 26103 views.
MJoe79

Jan-30

I have nothing to add here except to say I'm reading through this thread and, Dan, I really dig your reply here. 

In reply toRe: msg 209
Glammy2016

Jan-31

Good morning everyone blush Heres to a happy healthy smoke free Sunday. I know its early but Im going to start this day with positive vibes..... one day at a time. 

gkim

Jan-31

Good morning Glammy. Or good afternoon. Hope your day is good but any day without smoking is a good day! 

abrewster14

Jan-31

Happy smoke free Sunday positive vibes are crucial. I’m smoke free one month today. One day at a time 

Chloeleb2001

Jan-31

Happy Smoke Free Sunday y'all! 

First off, I am so proud of my entire January Quit Smokers/Vapers to stick to it. On December 28th at 9am, I was fantasizing of January 1, my quit date and then I thought, If I'm really ready for this, why not make it day 5? and I threw out my vape then and there. I am day 35 today. Many of you are right around here too, or just behind the corner! It's been a journey getting here, and I'm still going through the thick of the mental battle. I just learned of the "ACT" (Acknowledge, Connection, Talking Kindly) Method, and am so ready to give it a try. Self compassion is another I'm trying to work on. Id like to acknowledge somewhere around week 3/4 I noticed myself using marijuana to cope with the absence of smoke in my lungs, and todays the day I'd like to be done using it as a "crutch" because it'll just prolong this battle, as long as NRT. I'm consistently at 4lozenges/day + step 3 patch. It's the last push for me, I'm fully aware it will be hard, but I have you guys all here going through this with me, together, and I'll be gaining freedom from this battle. I hope this gives someone a little courage to continue, because your messages have sure helped me!!

In reply toRe: msg 213
abrewster14

Jan-31

Evening all congrats on another week smoke free. I have had some really bad days and I have bitten my boyfriends head off. I mainly am fighting the psychological addition. My brain yelling at me that I’m not going to be happy or I won’t be myself.  I stepped down from step  3 to step 2 so far so good. We are about get 12 to 18 inches of snow. I was at the grocery store and the cashier commented on how nice my perfume smelled. I was really touched I’ve worn the same scent for years. Then I was thinking on my way home how happy I was not to worry about how many cigs I had to make it through the storm. I think it’s important to high light the positives cause I know I have focused a bit more on what I thought I was “losing”. No cigs. No smoke. I will look into ACT. Chloe your post really helped me thank you. How’s everyone else hanging in there?

In reply toRe: msg 214
abrewster14

Jan-31

Quick question is ACT different then my Allan cares easy way to stop smoking? Thanks everyone. I think today is the first really good day for me. 

Chloeleb2001

Feb-1

Good morning!

Im so glad you had a good day yesterday! And I haven't gotten to that section in Allen Carrs book, but my version from another book (good read, called The Art and Power of Acceptance by Ashley Davis Bush) is:

A, is acknowledge. "Im having nicotine withdrawals, this sucks. this is really really hard..."

C, is Connect. This forum is a great "connect" tool as were all supporting and talking with one another about the same thing we're all acknowledging.

T, talk kindly (to yourself).  "you're, going to get through this, chloe!! May you know what peace feel like one day!

abrewster14

Feb-1

Thank you Chloe. I really appreciate you taking the time I will pick up the book sounds helpful. How is your quit going? Allen carrs book is really helpful however I veered a bit from him as I am using nrt. However I am in first day of my second month of my quit. I am on the second day step 2. So far so good. I wish I could get out of my own head. Haha also strangely my face is breaking out which is weird for me. Probably getting rid of the poisons in my body 

Glammy2016

Feb-1

Thank you Gkim Im just now seeing this. I feel like I jinxed my self yesterday by writing about learning how to deal with my emotions in a healthy way not suck them done the cancer stick.  Right after I wrote it my hubby said something that seriously rubbed me the wrong way. I walked away went to a hot shower, talked to myself the entire time about how smoking make the way I was feeling any different etc. Then I took a drive talked to myself some more...but I didnt cave. Today was nice. I hit 2 weeks and waking up with out an instant urge to smoke is amazing. I also notice my circulation in my feet seems to be better and I am calmer over all. I have been a little stir crazy today but just boredome from quarentine. A friend made me laugh she said just keep swimming , quoting dory from finding nemo joy so thats what I will do . I hope your had a good day today. Thanks for checking in