About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 25841 views.
In reply toRe: msg 214
abrewster14

Jan-31

Quick question is ACT different then my Allan cares easy way to stop smoking? Thanks everyone. I think today is the first really good day for me. 

Chloeleb2001

Feb-1

Good morning!

Im so glad you had a good day yesterday! And I haven't gotten to that section in Allen Carrs book, but my version from another book (good read, called The Art and Power of Acceptance by Ashley Davis Bush) is:

A, is acknowledge. "Im having nicotine withdrawals, this sucks. this is really really hard..."

C, is Connect. This forum is a great "connect" tool as were all supporting and talking with one another about the same thing we're all acknowledging.

T, talk kindly (to yourself).  "you're, going to get through this, chloe!! May you know what peace feel like one day!

abrewster14

Feb-1

Thank you Chloe. I really appreciate you taking the time I will pick up the book sounds helpful. How is your quit going? Allen carrs book is really helpful however I veered a bit from him as I am using nrt. However I am in first day of my second month of my quit. I am on the second day step 2. So far so good. I wish I could get out of my own head. Haha also strangely my face is breaking out which is weird for me. Probably getting rid of the poisons in my body 

Glammy2016

Feb-1

Thank you Gkim Im just now seeing this. I feel like I jinxed my self yesterday by writing about learning how to deal with my emotions in a healthy way not suck them done the cancer stick.  Right after I wrote it my hubby said something that seriously rubbed me the wrong way. I walked away went to a hot shower, talked to myself the entire time about how smoking make the way I was feeling any different etc. Then I took a drive talked to myself some more...but I didnt cave. Today was nice. I hit 2 weeks and waking up with out an instant urge to smoke is amazing. I also notice my circulation in my feet seems to be better and I am calmer over all. I have been a little stir crazy today but just boredome from quarentine. A friend made me laugh she said just keep swimming , quoting dory from finding nemo joy so thats what I will do . I hope your had a good day today. Thanks for checking in 

Glammy2016

Feb-1

2 weeks for me today. blush It is getting better every day. One day at a time for sure. 

abrewster14

Feb-1

2 weeks is a huge accomplishment. Please make sure that you reward and pamper yourself you deserve it. One day at a time. Even 1 hour at a time if you need. Also you can’t smoke what you don’t have. 
I never thought I could go 5 hours let alone a month. You got this. 

Glammy2016

Feb-1

Hey Chloe congrats on 35 days. ACT sounds like a great plan. Self compassion is a good one to. Sometimes we just have to do nothing if thats all we can do and not feel guilty about taking care of ourselves physically mentally and emotionally. Thanks for checking in relaxed

Glammy2016

Feb-1

Its so great to not have to stand out in the cold to smoke anymore and to not smell like smoke especially mixed with cold. The cold makes it that much worse. So great to get the complement on your perfumeblush Those are the little wins that add up over time. One day at a time. Hope you have a great day . 

Glammy2016

Feb-1

Hey there I was just checking in to see how your quit was going. blush Hope your having a great day . 

In reply toRe: msg 223
abrewster14

Feb-1

First day of my second month. Staying strong today was a great day. It’s really starting to sink in that I was a slave to smoking and it did nothing but hurt me absolutely nothing positive except eliminating my craving the devil created.

There were a bunch of us in the beginning of the month. Wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with their quits.