About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 33828 views.
abrewster14

Feb-1

How are you doing overdose?

abrewster14

Feb-1

Thank you depends on the hour but yes I think I might be turning a corner. But would never let my guard down or stop being here 

In reply toRe: msg 227
abrewster14

Feb-1

Overdoze sorry stupid auto correct 

overdoze

Feb-1

doing good, been tired snow shoveling yesterday and a little today, we got hit with a big snow storm in Chicago. Ive been quit 1 month today, ate a whole little container of ice cream 20 minutes ago, im okay, how are you?

Nope62

Feb-2

I'm still here with ya!

I also started my second month today! It was rough at times. I fell into a depressive , dark hole, sort of a place for several days a few weeks back. Still on a 14 mg patch and worried about stepping down to the 7 mg. 

There have also been some good days where I had very few cravings to fight off.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and had a great day. Lets try to stay as positive as possible about our journey.

It's literally a choice between quitting smoking or quitting breathing for me!

I Wish You Luck!

Nope62

Feb-2

That's great! We all three have one month! I'm proud of myself and the two of you also!

I know what you mean about the shoveling snow. We have had about 14 inches over the last two days. I cleaned out around the vehicles today and my back has had it!

I'm Hoping and Praying that we can all keep this quit going!  Our health depends on it!

Good Luck!

MDS27

Feb-2

Hi,

Timely! I started cutting down in January and was just using up my last jucie bottle - which took ages, because I had cut down so much. I haven't been on this site as I returned to work and got out of the routine. I had my last vape exactly 24hrs ago. So, I guess this is officially day 1!

Aside from a certain degree of stress at work, it's actually going pretty smoothly. Over the last few weeks, I've gradually cut down and removed vaping from so many of the times and places I'd usually do it, so lots of the 'work' is largely done. I'm using gum for cravings and it helps a lot.

Thanks for your support!

CC to DanJF3
Glammy2016

Feb-2

Thats great news ! we are all in this together and before we know it hopefully we will all be free and looking back at 12 months going wow were did the time go blush Overdose I got a giggle about the container of icecream. Nothing like it for beating a craving. There is actually science between our craving for sweet and salty although I cant remember it exactly. I am trying to do better this time around and use grapes and pears lol. doesnt mean I havenet found myself jonesin for the occasional bananna split. But they say the first year is for quitting the second for losing so if I gain a few pounds it will be worth it to have kicked this nasty habit once and for all. blush Md I did the same thin waited until my last botttle of juice was gone and then disposed of everything. The cost of replacing it would be a huge deterrent to returning for me to so I press on ....one day at a time. 

Lubbercat

Feb-2

Way to go on your 2 weeks, that is fantastic.  Just keep going!

I had signed on here yesterday and literally, nothing after the 28th appeared.  I was seriously worried.........

Lubbercat

Feb-2

Congrats on your 1 month.  Hope you celebrated?  Some type of reward?  I told Glammy, I signed in yesterday and nothing appeared beyond the 28th.  

I am also on day 2 of my second month.  I started with 21 mg patches, did 2 weeks and did about 1 1/2 weeks of the 14 mg.  I have been on the 7 mg patches now for about that long.........I have 5 days left in the box and then I will get rid of the patches.  I notice the difference every time I step down but nothing major.

Good luck to you