About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 34114 views.
abrewster14

Feb-12

Hey hon just checking in. You hanging in there ? 

allalyssa

Feb-12

I too have smoked for 30 years. I’ve quit before but I always end up smoking again. I’m hoping this time it works. I’m on day 4 and I have to say I’m not having a great time. I am taking Wellbutrin - and I thought or hoped it would help more. So far I feel awful - not sleeping and the mood swings are a real treat! I keep telling myself I don’t really love to smoke - I’m just an addict. 

Nope62

Feb-12

I am sorry to hear about your situation! I hope that your surgery is completely successful.

I am about six weeks quit now. I have good days and bad days.

When are you going to start your quit, or have you done so already?

Mindset is everything when quitting smoking. I have also dealt with depression for most of my life. Quitting smoking will help with your depression. Nicotine only feeds it!

Please give this some thought because I think this helped me.  Are you going to quit smoking or are you going to stop smoking!  In my past quits I only stopped smoking for various lengths of time. This time I plan to quit smoking, as in forever!  When you think about it for awhile you will understand what the difference is. It's important that you get into a quitters mindset to be successful. Think Positive about what you are doing for your own health!

I Wish You All the Luck!!

Nope62

Feb-13

Day 4 Is great! Congratulations on your deciding to quit!

We are all addicts or we would have no need to be here. You are not alone in this!

You should notice that everyday from now on gets a little easier. Your not supposed to be having a good time right now, but with some positive thinking you can make it a little better situation. "I keep telling myself I don’t really love to smoke" Sounds like you might be romancing the cigarette some there.

You can google (romancing the cigarette) to get some idea of what I'm talking about. There is absolutely nothing about a cigarette to love. It is a slow form of suicide. It will take your money and leave your health in shambles. Eventually causing you to live a shorter life than you would have without it. 

To make this quit happen, you need to get a serious hate going on for that cigarette.

Good Luck To You!

gkim

Feb-13

Hi Moskus! Yes it’s a blessing you found the cancer at an early state. From what I’ve read, it has a very good prognosis. 
I’m a believer that nothing that happens in life is a coincidence. I quit smoking when I got Covid. There’s a a purpose to the madness, it seems. Hang in there. I’m sure you know but really, it does get easier. I loved smoking but now I’m over three months smoke free and I constantly tell myself “I don’t do that anymore!” Welcome and stay close to this forum. Amazing people here. 

abrewster14

Feb-13

Just fight every minute every hour you can win 

overdoze

Feb-13

How you all doing out there? I ran out of patches a few days back, so just winging it. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. 

Overdoz quit January 4th, 2021

Nope62

Feb-13

Glad to hear that your quit is still going well!

It's a slow weekend here. Ice has kept us in all day.

Take Care!

Moskus999

Feb-13

abrewster14 said:

Ada

Your Message to me was totally empowering, thank you for your all encouraging words. The Book arrived today. Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. You have been through so much yourself very strong very confident. I also received some great information to check out Joel Spitzer YouTube Videos. One day at a time for me, One Minute at a time. So Tomorrow is Valentine's Day I have my Patch on my Desk, and will start again. I have learned a lot from you Ada and I appreciate your honesty with me. I realized today that I was stuck in my Past not a good place to be. We Live for today, yesterdays are gone, we create new and healthy futures for myself and my husband non smoker. Thank You For You Kindness. One Day at a time.  Be Strong Always. You Make A Difference. Malaya

Moskus999

Feb-13

Congratulations!!! You Are Amazing. This is Something to be so Proud Of. BRAVO, You are a Winner abrwester14 says it best for me.

I will have to Fight every minute every hour so tomorrow will be my Start Date Valentine's Day. I want to Live a healthier life style. Smoking is Gross for me just an old old habit. Good Luck Stay Strong!