About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 36281 views.
In reply toRe: msg 364
abrewster14

2/28/21

Hey you all - two months tomorrow. Yesterday was a hard day. But today was a good day. How is everyone hanging in?

In reply toRe: msg 365
abrewster14

3/2/21

Happy 2 months +! How is everyone hanging in there ?

In reply toRe: msg 366
abrewster14

3/3/21

Hey guys coming up on 9 weeks - are you all hanging in there? Everyone has been very quiet. 

abrewster14

3/3/21

Hey Lori - just checking in. You hanging in there?

Loreficent

3/3/21

Hey Anne!

Yup! Slow and steady, haha! 
Ive not been so quiet though, lol!

How are you?

abrewster14

3/3/21

I’m hanging in there. Sticking with Pilates but I don’t know why I had a craving this afternoon that almost overwhelmed me. So funny though yesterday I change my patch when I shower. I went hours without noticing I didn’t put a new one on.

I very much want this to get easier  

Loreficent

3/3/21

It will. You’ve come further than you think really. Not noticing you haven’t replaced the patch for hours is noteworthy!
Yes...it’s been quiet here for sure. Hmmmm.

More later tonight as I’m working now. Keep it up. Stay in the moment. No future tripping. Breathe. You ARE doing this.

abrewster14

3/3/21

Thanks Lori - you are completely right. Not notcii in my is huge.  If I’m completely honest it’s not my nicotine addictive that I’m fighting it’s my own brain. I feel like I miss my smokes. The miss the sensation the action the ritual. But strangely I’m starting to notice the fact that I don’t miss “needing” to smoke when I wake up or after a meal or to fix a stressful situation. 

WE are doing this Lori 

are we the only ones left?

Glammy2016

3/4/21

I'm still here and glad you are to. I could not find our forum when I got on this morning. This is week 7 for me. 

gkim

3/4/21

How wonderful, Glammy! Snd Ab, soon, you’ll notice you’ll go days without thinking about smoking. Keep doing what you’re both doing!