About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 35908 views.
abrewster14

3/3/21

Hey Lori - just checking in. You hanging in there?

Loreficent

3/3/21

Hey Anne!

Yup! Slow and steady, haha! 
Ive not been so quiet though, lol!

How are you?

abrewster14

3/3/21

I’m hanging in there. Sticking with Pilates but I don’t know why I had a craving this afternoon that almost overwhelmed me. So funny though yesterday I change my patch when I shower. I went hours without noticing I didn’t put a new one on.

I very much want this to get easier  

Loreficent

3/3/21

It will. You’ve come further than you think really. Not noticing you haven’t replaced the patch for hours is noteworthy!
Yes...it’s been quiet here for sure. Hmmmm.

More later tonight as I’m working now. Keep it up. Stay in the moment. No future tripping. Breathe. You ARE doing this.

abrewster14

3/3/21

Thanks Lori - you are completely right. Not notcii in my is huge.  If I’m completely honest it’s not my nicotine addictive that I’m fighting it’s my own brain. I feel like I miss my smokes. The miss the sensation the action the ritual. But strangely I’m starting to notice the fact that I don’t miss “needing” to smoke when I wake up or after a meal or to fix a stressful situation. 

WE are doing this Lori 

are we the only ones left?

Glammy2016

3/4/21

I'm still here and glad you are to. I could not find our forum when I got on this morning. This is week 7 for me. 

gkim

3/4/21

How wonderful, Glammy! Snd Ab, soon, you’ll notice you’ll go days without thinking about smoking. Keep doing what you’re both doing!

abrewster14

3/4/21

Congratulations. We are still here for you I just leave this window open on my phone and refresh it can’t lose you guys. Everyone was so quiet this weekend I thought I was alone in this quit. Could you believe the first week of the quit you would be here. I made my plumnalogist appoinment months ago fully thinking that I’d have to justify smoking again. I Proud that I don’t have to do that. I’m going to talk to hIm though because I still have strong cravings daily and I’m scared to go off the 7 mg patches in 8 days. 

Loreficent

3/4/21

Anne,

It won’t kill you to stay on them longer. Smoking will kill you, or at least decrease your quality of life greatly to perhaps the point you wish you were dead. I stayed in each phase of the patches a good 2-3 weeks longer. In the long run, if it helps you, do what you feel you need to do and what will get you through it. Hopefully your Pulmonologist will support that. You can always ask him if he’d rather you smoke or use the patch longer. Chances are they were never a smoker. Though they deal with the fallout from smoking day in and day out, I do believe that one just does not get it if they’ve never smoked. 
You got this. You’re doing amazingly well. Keep doing what is working for you and don’t stress it. blush

abrewster14

3/4/21

Lori. 
THANK YOU! yes I would bet that he was never a smoker. I think I might buy an addition box of patches    7mg I really notice the step down from 14 to 7mg. Worst case scenario I’ll return them. 100% not understanding if you have never been here. Thank you for being here it helps more than you know.