About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New user/first day quit   Quit Support

Started Jan-17 by sds026; 388 views.
sds026

Jan-17

Hello,

I'm a smoker of 14 years and I just smoked my last cigarette @8:00 this morning. I've had a MILLION failed attempts but today I feel different and I'm ready to move on with my life. I can be very weak-minded so I decided to join this group for support. 

In reply toRe: msg 1

Hi there sds026,

Welcome.   Good for you in quitting.  Best decision you could make. 

Jump in with the other January quitters and read all the articles you can get your hands on.  It will greatly dis in your success.

Practical Tips for Your First Smoke-Free Week

Updated November 19, 2015. You may feel like you're on a roller coaster during the first couple of weeks of smoking cessation. Whether you use a quit aid of some sort or go cold turkey, you're going to feel some discomforts due to nicotine withdrawal.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DanJF3

Jan-18

Welcome sds026!

I can relate to what you are saying.  I've probably smoked at least 30 years and have had numerous quits.  In recent years I just couldn't stay quit for more than a few days and really tried to make it without any help or support.  On day 18 here of a smoke free 2020 and while there have been some rough moments, turning to this site for information and support has really helped this one stick (hopefully forever).  Use the resources and network here whenever you feel those craves.  They will come but you can get through them!

Dan

Quit date 1-1-20

In reply toRe: msg 3
Lubbercat

Jan-20

Dan

I stalk this site often and post on rare occasions.  I am just a few hours ahead of you and will make 20 days at 1:30 today.  We will be hitting that 3 week mark tomorrow, yay for us!