About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Just quit Smoking and 30 days no drinking plus better diet.    Quit Support

Started Feb-6 by sethjohn21; 734 views.
sethjohn21

Feb-6

Hi, name is Seth and have been smoking for quite sometime now. Just quit smoking 6 days ago and I feel terrible. I have tightness in my chest I’m always tired and I have severely lost my appetite. Did I mention I’m 30 days alcohol free to. I’m just really going through it and I’m glad there are people who know how I feel ! 

Belinda2019

Feb-7

Hang in there, it will get better. You’re through hell week....next week is heck week

ModAndrea

Feb-7

Welcome to the forum, Sethjohn! Congratulations on one smoke free week and over 30 days alcohol free! Please join others who are in our newest quit buddy group.

Stop by and introduce yourself for some terrific support. My best advice is to learn as much as you can about this addiction and the quitting process. The more you know, the better your chances are for success. Here's a great place to start.

Homework for New Ex-Smokers

You're doing great, Sethjohn! I'm glad you're here. blush

Hugs,

Andrea

Jatchat

Feb-10

Hi Sethjohn,

Congratulations on making those decisions to quit.

There is only one way forward now and that's up.

Kind regards

Anthony 3D

DanJF3

Feb-13

Congratulations Seth on your progress so far!  The resources and support provided here have been super valuable in keeping me smoke free for 44 days now.  I am surprised I got past day 3 to be completely honest but it actually does get easier once you get past the first few weeks.  Keeping this site close and reaching out for support will go a long way in helping you to make this that forever quit.

Dan

candrew

Feb-18

Hats off to you Seth. We have a lot in common.

First we are both in early smoking cessation. You are experiencing uncomfortable withdrawals. Tired all the time is something that I experience daily. Loss of appetite; I migh get one meal a day if that.

I am a recovering alcoholic of 2 years. This is part of my plan to cleanup all this nasty stuff I have done to my mind, body & spirit.

Best of luck,

Candrew

candrew

Mar-4

Seth -

Man, you are asking for double trouble when trying to quit both alcohol & cigarettes at the same time. You know that one goes with the other. I would ease up on yourself and take them one at a time. The best of luck to you.

I quit alcohol 2 years ago and cigarettes in the past 6 weeks  (4 quits, 3 relapses) . and currently  on the forth quit. Talk about persistence, I am not letting this one get me.

I always felt  tired since was drinking every night not to mention not having an appetite because of not taking care of myself. This is how I felt, not you.

I hope you see your physician about the chest tightness. 

Take care

Andrew

turtles

Mar-5

I too am a recovered alcoholic..9 yrs. and as far as quitting both it was advised to me to do just that back then and I didn’t..wish I had. 
Kudos to you!

Loreficent

Mar-5

Good morning Turtles,

You wrote something to me earlier on here about “going back and wishing you were where you are now”. It was helpful in that moment and I’d love to hear it again if you remember....?

SusanK1960

Mar-5

Here is a Turtles quote that was also very inspirational to me:

If I have just one, I will be right back where I started and where I started was desperately wishing I could be where I am today.