About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

13 years!   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Mar-20 by TjeCan (TerryTjeCan); 532 views.

Just checking in to let all know that this process comes to an end one day! After serial quitting and using this site off and on for about 6 years, I made my final quit on Christmas Day in 2006. The forum reminder of messages popped up on my emails today and I remembered that I didn't post my 13 year anniversary in December. People you will get to a point that you will forget about this!!!! Keep on Keeping on as my friend Charlie always said in his posts and you will get there! Since we don't have our signatures anymore, I was the gal with the dancing cowgirl boots. Love to all! Terry

Eve1973

Mar-20

Congratulations Terry! Great job! 

JerseyDee

Mar-20

Congratualtions Terry.  You give me a lot of hope.  A real inspiration.

You can do this. I tried to think of what I was gaining instead of what I thought I was giving up. So hard I know when you are in the middle of it! Be kind to yourself and push on and you will be over the hump. The freedom on the other side is so very worth it!

cherbearquit

Mar-20

Congrats! Thank you for sharing. Seeing these milestone posts is such an inspiration to those of us who are early in our quits! Wishing you all the best!

Hi Terry,

Many congratulations on 13 years quit and thanks for your encouragement for everyone following in your footsteps.

Thank you! This forum was a lifeline for me. Stay close so you can give and receive strength...it really helps!

ModAndrea

Mar-22

Congratulations, Terry! 13 years is awesome.

Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us all. You offer hope and encouragement.

Hugs,

Andrea

Thank you. This forum was key to my process! I will be forever grateful for the time I spent here .