About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-23 by Hapjap; 123 views.
Hapjap

Mar-23

Help. All of this was a getting to me. I reached out in 26 days by not sure I’d be heard. Two days of angsts. I feel like a ping pong ball. I won’t smoke, I just want to feel better 

In reply toRe: msg 1
DebraAnne60

Mar-23

If you are apprehensive, panic-stricken or feel that the time is not right for you to give up, then let me assure you that your apprehension or panic is caused by fear. 
That fear is not relieved by cigarettes but created by them.
You didn't decide to fall into the nicotine trap. But like all traps, it is designed to ensure that you remain trapped. 
Hapjap

Mar-23

Thank you Debra. I’m sitting in my garage feeling so ashamed. I just couldn’t take it anymore 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Loreficent

Mar-23

Hi Hapjap?

Ashamed of what? Being human and vulnerable? Well, that’s a sight we all need some forgiveness from. 
You’ve spoken of smoking in your garage. Is that why you were there? If so, then that forgiveness starts with yourself. Nobody here is going to judge you. We all are just rooting for you and each other in getting through some unprecedented times. 
DebraAnne is gonna give some good advice on dusting off and getting back up, I just know she is. She is a rock. 
We are all in this together. 
Hopefully you have not given up trying. It truly is the single best thing to do right now for your health. 
Let us know how you are!

In reply toRe: msg 4
DebraAnne60

Mar-23

You may be disappointed but never be ashamed.  You may have slipped but it doesnt mean you caved.  Perhaps you came of the gum too soon, or there was just too much going on for you to process.  Its not over.  You are not done.  You are learning about yourself.  Dont let yesterdays decision to smoke overide todays decision to quit.  You can do this - you are even stronger then you were before.  Its your quit journey.  If you want it you keep going.  We are here for you. All the way.