About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-23 by Hapjap; 368 views.
Hapjap

Mar-23

Help. Ready to go to the store!!

In reply toRe: msg 1
DebraAnne60

Mar-23

NOOOOOOOooooooo

DebraAnne60

Mar-23

Don;t do it

DebraAnne60

Mar-23

If stress makes you crave a cigarette, then find other ways to relax.
Try calling a friend, getting a glass of water, going for a walk, or reading. Exercise is a great stress reliever too.

Hapjap

Mar-23

I did. I couldn’t help it. The stress was overwhelming. I’m so mad at myself, but I feel better. I know I shouldn’t say that. I’m over the top with this corona crap. Son called asking for help with his kids, received an album from the Navy retirement. Pictures of people who have died. I know, I know I know. Oh hell who am I kidding l, just myself 

JerseyDee

Mar-23

Oh Hap : ( ... Rip them up and throw them all away.  Drown them in water in your sink.

I am sorry the stress was too much.  As DebraAnne said cigarettes CAUSE stress.

You can get ahold of this again.  It is NOT too late.

In reply toRe: msg 5
DebraAnne60

Mar-23

Step away from the cigarettes.  This is just a slip, don't turn it into a total slide.  You can recover from this.  DON'T SMOKE ANOTHER ONE. 

Image result for quit smoking funny quotes

Michaleen144

Mar-23

I'm sorry to hear it Hap, but you can start again right now.  Don't stop trying!

Michaleen

Eve1973

Mar-24

Hap,

New day! Breathe in- breathe out! I know you think you feel better......but do you really?? You can chalk this up to a slip, did your smoking make the virus go away? Are the deceased still deceased? Can you cure this disease because you smoked? I’m not trying to make you feel bad....I want you to succeed in this! You CAN DO THIS! We are doing this TOGETHER! You already know that you are not alone! You have your husband and us! Do you remember your walk on the beach? Remember how calm you were? I want you to envision that day or your friends hovering in the golf cart away from the party! 
Find a happy place and turn off that TV! 
HUGS TO YOU Eve

ModAndrea

Mar-24

I'm sorry to hear about your slip, Hapjap. Don't  beat yourself up. The key is to keep trying. Your owning up to this slip shows how important quitting is to you. Forgive yourself and learn from this experience. 

You can do this, Hapjap. We're here for you. blush

Hugs,

Andrea