About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Open Library   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-1 by Loreficent; 186 views.
Loreficent

Apr-1

Hi All,

A friend of mine just informed me of a cool site that some of you may already know of. It is an internet site called “Open Library “ and it has thousands of books that you can read for free. Can search by genre, etc. 

It is totally free though you do need to make an account with your email.

Might be another option for distraction or just plain entertainment on our collective journeys.

Stay well All!

JerseyDee

Apr-1

What a great idea Lore.  My only problem is I am having great comprehension issues with reading right now : (  .. Maybe that will change in time but right now I am unable to focus and read.  Reading on this forum and texts/emails from friends is about all I have in me at this time.

How are things in Portland today?  Sun is shining here but still a nip in the air.  Took the dog for walk this morning and going to go out for another walk with her around 4:00 but here we are in Spring and I am still wearing a fleece sweatshirt and winter clothes.  BRRR

Hi,

just wanted to let you know I will reach 7 months free tomorrow and unfortunately I still struggle with brain fog, inability to focus.  Hope this clears up for you soon.

JerseyDee

Apr-1

Wow Lainie .. I am sorry to hear brain fog goes on that long : (  .. Thanks for the info though.

Loreficent

Apr-1

That’s a bummer! Are you exercising? I think walking has helped me a lot with that. Maybe more coffee???

Don’t go by me.  I smoked for 50 years and it’s going to take a long time for my body & brain to get back to normal.  You won’t suffer that long.

Loreficent

Apr-1

I know you said reading Was a potential trigger Dee. What about book on tape? I can’t do that, but I know some really like it.

PDX is chilly too. I’m at work so not able to walk now but maybe later. Here one has to be able to just get out and do it as we have a fair amount of rain. Doesn’t seem to slow the outdoor stuff down much though as it stays pretty temperate.