About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hit Four Weeks Quit ..    Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Apr-1 by JerseyDee; 629 views.
JerseyDee

Apr-1

Well .. I have just now hit exactly 4 weeks from when I put out my last cigarette to just about the minute.  I know I am very early into this but am feeling very good about things and think I on truly on my path to freedom. I get so encouraged when I see posters here who have quit for 6 months, 1 yr, 3 yrs, and beyond.  i look forward to that day for now I celebrate this first .. in what i hope is just the beginning .. milestone!  Thanks to everyone for your support over these past four weeks.

Just Did It Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr ...

Jules55

Apr-1

You've come a long way!    That's got to feel great..

Remember - you're not done yet though!  There will still be some tough moments ahead, but know you know how to get through them.  We're here for you...

Eve1973

Apr-2

Nice job Dee......you had a few rough times in the beginning, but you persevered and now look at where you are! At Four weeks! Congratulations! 

You are doing great, like Jules said.... there still will be hard times ahead, but just know to recognize them and be ready to deflect them like a boxer. Just bob and weave! 

congrats again......you’ve come a long way baby!

JerseyDee

Apr-2

Thank you Jules.  Yes, I do feel like I had to jump a few hurdles to get here .. but I am here.   Thanks for your comments.  I do have a long road ahead .. but feeling stronger with each passing day to handle it.

JerseyDee

Apr-2

Bob and weave WILL be the name of the game for sure Eve! .. I am feeling empowered to take it all on.   Thanks for your acknowledgement of my achievement.  I am so thankful to have the support of this board .. others just do not get it!

DebraAnne60

Apr-2

I like that Eve,  bob and weave - good one.

Loreficent

Apr-2

Oh that’s great Eve!

Bob and weave, bob and weave, bob and weave...

Should be the name of our official Forum Dance!!blush

candrew

Apr-2

Eve -

Hello from sunny Florida. It's been awhile since we last communicated. I hope this email finds you well and smoke-free.

My recovery has  been up and down like a yo-yo. I now have 48 smoke free days;  looking forward to 60 days.

So much of my time was spent getting, and then smoking and then getting rid of the evidence. What a waste of time

not to mention the money.  Is this what you call insanity?

Hang in there Eve, They say it gets easier with  time. The Chantix certainty helps me but its not a catch all.

I still suffer occasional strong cravings after several weeks on the Chantix. Nothing is perfect.

Good Day

Andrew 2-15-20

NOPE 

Eve1973

Apr-2

Andrew, 

Great to hear from you.....yes I even still get the cravings at times, especially around the time I’m supposed to take the Chantix. 

You are doing great.....stick with it. I’m so happy for you, are you breathing better?  I’m glad the weather is nice there. Cold and windy here today, but going to be better starting tomorrow. Yeah! I’m just outside Philadelphia. 

Have a great evening! Can’t wait to celebrate on April 15th! Better than celebrating taxes....lol

Eve 1-30-2020

candrew

Apr-3

Wonderful to hear back from you. Congratulations on your milestone. You can keep your weather. 

We all need a pat on the back because what we are  doing is incredibly difficult. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. 

I don't know what has kept me smoke-free on-and off since the first of the year. I think it is that I care more for myself 

like quitting smoking. Proud to say I am 49 days smoke-free. 

Eve, I hope your celebration is good. 

Go Girl - Stay on track , the rest will fall in place. 

Andrew

N.O.P.E 49 days