About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Saturday April 4   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-4 by JerseyDee; 244 views.
JerseyDee

Apr-4

Good Morning.  I am feeling stress right now with the state of the world we live in with the amount of deaths we had in US yesterday of 1400 from this virus.  It has exceeded an all time high and is upsetting me.  Trying to just keep as positive as  I can right now and just get another day under my belt with my quit and do my part and keep myself and others safe with staying in .. except I will get out for my daily walk later .. right now I am going to do my yoga routine and start this early am.

But it is another day to be smoke free so another day of am improved life than where I was just a short month ago.   All that said I am starting off the NOPE pledge this early Saturday and ask that you join me .. we are stronger TOGETHER!

I like how Debra Anne always posts us with a great picture of Ontario,  CN to start our day and I had a great fun idea .. let's all post some/share images from the web from our state or providence, etc this morning on this thread.

I will start off below by posting a picture of Exchange Place in Jersey City, NJ.  I find the sail boat calming.  What can you share this morning?  Looking forward to seeing pics from around the globe today.

Please post your pic and join me in this positive pledge this morning.  Who is next?

Loreficent

Apr-4

I’ll join you too Dee. 
Yes, it is all pretty sobering. 
Stay home. It seems so simple. It is hard feeling helpless with it. Hard to think something so simple can be so helpful and effective.

Ill try and figure out how to get a picture on here later, but I’ve stayed up way to late and need to get to bed now.

JerseyDee

Apr-4

Hello Lore .. must be in the middle of the night right now on the west coast .. 2:22 am right now the way I figure it .. you really did stay up late .. that said it is 5:22 am here and I up early and starting my day ..

Glad you are a night person and up with me at this hour as I an crazy early morning person and otherwise most people are sleeping at this hour .. our different sleep patterns and different time zones has up both here an up!  

I have finished up my coffee and about to start my yoga routine now.  Today I am going to keep myself busy and distracted by cleaning up around here and doing my laundry.  I am going to limit my news intake as it is all very overwhelming right now .. feel like it is all closing in on us right now in NY/NJ and will just move on out westward throughout the rest of the country .. don't want to be an alarmist .. so will stop all this talk right now.

Just wan to make the most of this day ahead and do it all SMOKE FREE .. Which I will and you will as well.  Hope you have some good sleep.  Breath in the fresh air with your clean lungs.  You ARE winning this!  - Deana

DebraAnne60

Apr-4

I will join this NOPE pledge for today and offer a lovely pic of the Bruce Peninsular of Georgian Bay, Ontario Canada, for our viewing pleasure:

Who will join us on the NOPE pledge.

Brenda (1sept19)

Apr-4

I will join everyone with my NOPE from Colorful Colorado today.  Who will join us ?

Loreficent

Apr-4

Good morning Dee,

I’m not always up quite that late. It was a work day yesterday and I’m off today so I tend to stay up later. My partner went to bed as he is working today. I got hooked into the 3rd episode of “Ozark” in the new season and ended up intrigued and doing a little binge. Now I’m 3 episodes ahead of him so he will play catch up with me now. stuck_out_tongue
What you said about COVID19 wasn’t alarmist to me. The West Coast was actually hit hard before NY. NY spread more quickly likely due to the density wing their biggest factor, and likely some more lag in their social distancing due to the nature of the area. Biggest thing for them is the population density I think. It is profoundly sad. I’m sending as much good energy Eastward as I can. Avoiding the “news” a lot too. I look at the CDC and WHO website daily as well as the Oregon Health Authority website and call it done. The only things I can do to control anything with this I am doing. Social distance, hand washing, trying very hard not to touch face, NOT SMOKE, exercise, eat as well as I can, sleep as much as I need, and keep cortisol levels as low as I can.

Someone in here recommended the “Hope In Uncertain Times” 21 day free meditation that Deepak Chopra and Oprah are doing and I will say the positive affect it has had on my is immense. I recommend folks to check it out. It is a good way for an individual to manage their own stress but I believe also that positive energy brings about positive effects in many ways. Bottom line, not harmful!

Oregon has so far done a good job of flattening the curve and I hope we can continue to do that. I’ll be doing my part in it today for sure.

Ovivi

Apr-4

Gathering everyone in for a virtual NOPE hug. It’s hard, but we can do it.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Amicahomi

Apr-4

Hello All.  Noping away at home today.  Here's the Covid lock down scarce grocery recipe of the day.  All I could get of chicken were tenders (ugh). Poached them in boxed stock w/ poultry herbs and onion and used the strained liquid with roux to make "gravy".  Made stuffing with leftover bread, celery and onion.  Layered stuffing and tenders in cassarole and poured "gravy" over.  Better than acceptable!

Thanx for the Ontario pix - any of Centre Island?

Loreficent

Apr-4

Oh My!

Social distance be darned! Where do you live Ami? I’m coming for dinner!! LOL.

Keep these food writings coming. They are grand! Make my day thinking about it.

DebraAnne60

Apr-4

Centre Island's lost village—Toronto | Historic TorontoToronto Islands - Centre Island Toronto - Toronto Island Ferry

Centre Island Beach

How To Explore the Toronto Islands

City Skyline at Dusk from Centre Island, Toronto, Ontario Poster ...Toronto skyline from  Centre Island

Centre Island Ferry Dock Reviews - Toronto, Ontario - Skyscanner

Ferry Dock, Centre Island