About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 80908 views.
boylant22

Mar-14

I’m so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your daughter too. 

Loreficent

Mar-14

Thank you for the kindness. It’s funny how words and thoughts from others in a moment of grief soothe. Though we’ve not met, the reaching out still touches....I love the power humans have to help each other. Just as pain and suffering are Universal, so can be kindness. 

Loreficent

Mar-14

Oh, Peggy Love...yes...he says hello. My heart hurts. I was thinking in bed last night how he’s been there a third of my life. Through so many adult changes and growth and celebration and sadness and fear and excitement and...all of it. One of the ones that no matter what, brought me his music. His gentle head butting and nibbles and urging. His kneading and rubbing. How his voice changed with age, and his music remained. Always the song of love returning. His passing is hitting especially deep for his time in space he occupied was at times so tumultuous and so precious. Watching my daughter grow up with him, the joy and comfort he brought her and my Stepson. He was a small boy of 8 with blonde hair when the the babies came home with me and now he is a strapping and strong young man soon to be 27 when Calvin would have been 19. How I learned very quickly that night owl Daughter would wake happy and smiling early in the mornings when I needed to wake her for preschool if I brought Calvin with me to wake her, and if I didn’t it changed her whole moment. How gentle my Stepson was as a young boy helping me bathe them. How as my belly grew taught with Daughter growing inside the kittens would lay on me and fall asleep purring on my mound of a tummy...a sound she probably heard and grew to know just as she did my beating heart before she came out into the world. And when she was an infant nursing, one of them was always in my lap right underneath her. How one night when she was a few weeks old and I had woke in the night to nurse her, Atlanta was hit with a 4.0 Earthquake and the suddenly the babies were all on my chest. It was brief and did no damage but we all felt the power in that moment of Nature reminding us how small we are. Ahhhh...so many many memories, all ripped silently open to the wind that carries them now. I can’t help myself...I’ll share a picture of an older thinner Calvin with you, still a beautiful Prince...then I’m gonna go walk and see John for the first time since he passed and if John is there, share a memory.

Loreficent

Mar-14

Right after the Vet left, Daughter went to her room and came out sobbing as her last rat, Cedar, was dying. I wasn’t closely bonded with her rats as they stayed in her room, but she was. She was up most of the night after Calvin passing holding Cedar. She came and got me at 6am to tell me she was still breathing and that she couldn’t keep watching her though she didn’t seem to be in pain. Off to the Vet we went with Cedar when they opened and they eased her way over the Rainbow Bridge too. Double whammy for Daughter. Poor sweet, kind, sensitive girl is so sad. 
Yes...no nicotine necessary. Thank you for allowing me to write it all out.

euknight

Mar-16

Lore,

Aw man!!!  Poor sweet baby girl!!,  Double whammy day.  Some of that is certainly in the air lately.

One of my best friends had pet rats as well.  I was never thrilled with them but she was.  I certainly understand how difficult it has been for you all.  

I hear you about the quiet.  All the other animals grieving too.  I was thinking about how gorgeous the last few days have been.

Nicotine free....the only way to go during these times.  Strong work, my friend.  Hugs to you

Peggy

Loreficent

Mar-16

Hey Eliza...

You asked about John...yes! He is turning quite dark, black almost, but standing tall. More on this soon...now I’m making an impromptu beach trip to catch the sunset. It is amazingly gorgeous here! 
Yeah...he has stood above and well beyond anything expected. I talked to the owner today, had met the husband before, but the wife today. Turns out she is just a couple years younger than me and we have a ton in common and exchanged numbers and have been texting already, lol! Love it. Life is....so...fascinating and wonderful and surprising. 
Hope you are well! You have a Re-Birthday coming!! blush

CC to Elizaquits
Elizaquits

Mar-18

So neat! I was reading that the blooms tend to last just a few months - I feel like he has been up for much, much longer than that! Right?! Also, who knew that going to visit him would bring you a new friend! Very cool. As they say, life works in mysterious ways :)

Loreficent

Mar-20

Hey Eliza,

Yes...John is beyond tenacious! Not sure if there is a word for that? joy I’ve followed these plants in different areas of PDX for over a decade, and have never seen a bloom stalk up more than a few months. Just so happened this one coincided with so many other happenings in my life and the lives of folks in PDX that he has taken on a fair amount of sentimentality for me. Yeah...weird to be sentimental about a plant, but, so many things in life seem to have...metaphorical value I guess. I’ll dig through my photos of when Johan was a strapping young bloom stalk not yet to full height, which was...AUGUST 2019! 
Im meeting his mom (homeowner) tomorrow morning to walk. So, yes, life is mysterious and one never knows what or where one will find a friend. I just love that. So...serendipitous, perhaps. Perhaps just life being lived! blush

Loreficent

Mar-20

Hey Eve...

I got a card in the mail from a friend who is miles away, but...it made me feel very close and cared about. It’s so nice to know others are sending good thoughts and love....I’ll carry that positive energy this morning out on a walk.
You make a difference in people’s lives Eve. I hope you carry some positive thoughts and love with you today too. kissing_heart