About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 102851 views.
Loreficent

Mar-24

Peggy!

Miss seeing you! 
Just heading off to bed soon. Hope all is well down there. 
Back at the vet again today for me...well...ok...so Dog has Giardia. Ugh. Got me up almost every hour last night to go out, poor thing...I knew something was wrong. This morning I figured it out. She was in the River 2 weeks ago exactly, near some farms and such. Then again one week ago out off that island I love. So 2+2....yuck. She will be fine and they actually let me just bring a lovely poop sample in and I didn’t need to bring her, which was good. Your dogs ever had this? First one I’ve ever had to get it. Max doesn’t have any symptoms and he was in the same places, drinking the same water. Ok....that’s my lovely news update, lol!joy 

Just checking in with you and saying hi! 

euknight

Mar-24

Love,

Miss you too!,!!  Thanks sweetie.  Oh great...sorry about the Giardiia....Sick puppy... Awwwwww.  Kind of a pain.  Those weird sneaky little foreign substances affect some , just like people and not others.  I think my old Shepherd got it in CO once.  Not great on vacation to tend to a sick dog but what are you gonna do?

Glad you didn’t have to bring her in...that’s a relief cos so weird at vets now. So just medication and have to keep her in??

Hope you are doing better since the Angel Calvineaster went to his new life.  I know the aching spot.  How are the other animals feeling about it? They all are so affected!

Going to start Spring work outside tomorrow.  Rain tomorrow night.  Lots to do.  Love ya big

Peggy

5-8-21

euknight

Mar-24

Happy Birthday precious Eve!,!,

Eve1973

Mar-24

Ladies, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am just another year older and starting to feel better about the quitting...... meaning I feel energized! Some days are much better than others as anything goes I guess. 

Went out to dinner last night, nothing special, but crashed as soon as I got home! My sleep issues are still an issue. Better than a year ago, but still crazy.....anyway! Hugs to the tribe! We are kicking butt! 

Susan and Peggy.......you are so talented with your memes! Love it!!!!

Loreficent

Mar-24

Hahaha! joy

Is that what a meme is? Lol! I’ve been trying to define that exactly, well, since I first heard the word I think! Oh boy. Yes...you two need to teach us two how to attach those! Obviously I know how to do regular photos, (as does Eve!) but I’ve still not figured this option out. So, yeah...have your agents call our agents and set something up! 
Eve...your weather is turning, Peggy is gonna start planting, Susan, how is it down your way? Does it get too hot to go outside? Hopefully not where you are. 
So, Ladies, don’t we need an adventure? Something to take on and conquer? I’m feeling a....desire I guess, to do something new! Not something crafty or anything low key like that...I’m talking quest!

Spring does this to me every year, as I yawn and stretch my wings and legs coming out of the cave some. This year is double felt as last year seemed doubly hindered! Now I’ve got an adult of a Daughter (who will always be my baby) and I’m feeling some growing pains! joy 

Maybe time for a road trip??? blush

Love you Girlz! Kisses East to you all! 
kissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heart ( one for Tiny too if she ever happens by again, either way it’s on the wind so will get to her some how I’m certain) 

Loreficent

Mar-24

Peggy Love!

Wow...I so love that new picture of yours. Such vibrant colors. Makes my adventure yearnings even stronger it’s so lively. heart

Yes, some antibiotics and probiotics for the pup. She seems quite a bit better after two doses only! Yay! Only got me up once last night, which is a huge improvement. Usually she just sleeps behind my legs and doesn’t get up till I do. Hopefully tonight that will be the case.

Mmmm. Calvin is back home with me. I picked his ashes up yesterday afternoon. Is a bit of a drive to where the Crematory is and it was lovely and sunny and warm yesterday and we had a nice drive back together. Yeah. Still an empty spot and seems like he came into my life and was gone so quickly. My Boyz. I’m off the hook now as they are who I’ve said would be the only ones I’d ever marry again. Maybe Hugo now, lol. Buggers. I love them so much and they make me very happy. The Vet that came for Calvin is a believer in letting the other creatures in the home say goodbye before she takes them. Maisy sat by him for a bit actually. Hugo was more tentative. Whoopi stood by him but didn’t lay down. She believes it helps them process and grieve and not look for them so much when they are gone. I think so. Still...like you say, they are so affected. I can see them trying to figure out the new hierarchy...who goes on the pillow when, who is in the lap first, things like that. The babies won’t eat in Calvin’s spot either. Oh, critters. The languages they speak. 

What kind of Spring work? Opening the pool soon? I know you are looking forward to that! We have rain now and even though I just got up an hour ago, I’m planning a nap! Yay! 
Are you putting in vegetables yet? Are any of your trees fruit trees? Oh!! Does Grapefruit grow in your area there? Texas Grapefruit is the BEST and only one I eat (sorry CA, Texas hands down on this one) . Yummm! Why is it so much sweeter from there anyway? Must be cause Peggy lives in Texas! joy Well, now, you just sweeten that whole big ‘ol state up, Peggy Love! 
Ok friend...Good to see you though I’ve know you were there all along. kissing_heart

euknight

Apr-6

Good Morning Lore,

Thank you for the description of picking up the famous Cal.  His life has historical significance.  This chapter has coincided with daughters.  Calvin close in age...I think?  I agree with the vet about letting the other animals sniff and grieve.  Such honor they give to each other!,  Won’t even get near his feeding place. Lovely story, bittersweet.  

Meme??.  Like attached pics?  Susan is the queen of that!!,   Yes, tilled, planted some things.  Will pick peppers this week to plant.  Looks nice with marigolds around this time.  No grapefruit here, Lore.  That is further South.  How wonderful that would be.  Here in north Texas...the weather would not support citrus.  In fact our Ice Age storm we call it may have nuked a line of Texas Sage shrubs I have.  Not sure. My torching of stumps did not work out so next Winter...I am with you about the Spring, sweet Lore.  The valley is all bright spring green.  Was out 12 hours yesterday.  A hammock kind of day...breezes a little high later in the day but shorts and tank top weather.  Sat on my glider on the back patio and just sipped the beauty all day between chores.

started pumping water off pool cover, more raking, pruning, hauling,weeding, mulching and 4-5 spa sessions.  Sparkly days but cool enough still for spa.  I knew with all the work my back may complain so hit muscles with spa jets.  Worked great!, Looks like I cannot afford Trex...the decking stuff Eve?  May just get an estimate...need about 10 boards replaced and all stripped and re stained.  I want it all done now!!  That’s the problem!!!

Found another cigarette butt in a Fanny pack I took to an outdoor concert.  Did nothing really to me emotionally or physically.  uneventful really.  It was such a gorgeous and fun day, I did not give it a 2nd thought...no desire to ruin it. A lot of good 80s-90s rock and roll sitting out on the grass people watching.  Another one this weekend.  It is a Fleetwood Mac tribute band.

So Lore what have you been up to out in the great outdoors?.?  Isn’t it wonderful to embrace Springtime again.  Winter was tough but it is gone here now.  Maybe not for Tiny as I hear Montana is getting snow.  The wind is howling out there and it is day 2 of pool cover removal and will see what we have to work with!!

I had a close friend die with COVID. He had a heart attack with it.  Why is that Lore....Heart is working harder or what?  He died March 13.  Cried a lot of tears this year.  Man oh man.

Hugs to you

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

Apr-6

Oh Peggy Love,

What a beautiful vision of a post a d I will take it in and reply on more of it soon.

Im so sorry to hear about your friend dying from Covid. It is such a confounding and unpredictable disease. I don’t know if I have the answer completely as to why the heart attacks, but some of it for some people has do with COVID does something to the clotting cascade in our bodies and can cause some folks to form clots which cause heart attacks. There is more too yes in that the heart must work harder when the lungs work harder, and if one has some underlying issue there it will exacerbate it. I’m not sure if that oversimplification helps at all; likely not. There is a ton learned and yet to be learned , but what is all the technical jargon worth really when the end result for individuals is the loss of a loved one? I’m so sorry and my heart is with you Peggy. We are making headway for sure, but that does little to comfort in a time of such great loss of someone close and loved. Yes...tears...so many many tears. My arms are wrapped around you for what little that can do. 
More soon kissing_heart

Loreficent

Apr-6

Sweet Peggy...

Was at my local Nursery today, kept seeing this female Hummingbird up on this wire near the roof of the shade plant area, which is open on two sides with a roof, and then there was this little group of plants with caution tape around them..,she kept very close watch on this spot and dove by people that got close...Look here Peggy...proof of Spring. Ahhh..,such a gift to see these babies up so close. It does give me a renewed hope for brighter days coming.... sending you Love my friend. More soon...

May have to make another post with pic..,hang on...