About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 83736 views.
Loreficent

Apr-6

Oh Peggy Love,

What a beautiful vision of a post a d I will take it in and reply on more of it soon.

Im so sorry to hear about your friend dying from Covid. It is such a confounding and unpredictable disease. I don’t know if I have the answer completely as to why the heart attacks, but some of it for some people has do with COVID does something to the clotting cascade in our bodies and can cause some folks to form clots which cause heart attacks. There is more too yes in that the heart must work harder when the lungs work harder, and if one has some underlying issue there it will exacerbate it. I’m not sure if that oversimplification helps at all; likely not. There is a ton learned and yet to be learned , but what is all the technical jargon worth really when the end result for individuals is the loss of a loved one? I’m so sorry and my heart is with you Peggy. We are making headway for sure, but that does little to comfort in a time of such great loss of someone close and loved. Yes...tears...so many many tears. My arms are wrapped around you for what little that can do. 
More soon kissing_heart

Loreficent

Apr-6

Sweet Peggy...

Was at my local Nursery today, kept seeing this female Hummingbird up on this wire near the roof of the shade plant area, which is open on two sides with a roof, and then there was this little group of plants with caution tape around them..,she kept very close watch on this spot and dove by people that got close...Look here Peggy...proof of Spring. Ahhh..,such a gift to see these babies up so close. It does give me a renewed hope for brighter days coming.... sending you Love my friend. More soon...

May have to make another post with pic..,hang on...

Loreficent

Apr-6

There! 

Loreficent

Apr-8

CONGRATULATIONS PEGGY ON 11 months! Woohoo!

Wow! You are rocking this quit! I’m so proud of you and so so happy we’ve met! One can never have too many strong women in their lives. Well, except maybe if one is a man?? Lol! joy Ok...will leave the gender wars to rest. All that aside, you are a dedicated and powerful force. To find one in an old Fanny pack and not even be tempted? Nice. 
Hope you will be in your pool at the one year mark swimming up a celebration! sunnybeerainbowhibiscusfour_leaf_clover  
Susan needs to teach me how to attach things other than my photos. 

Eliza! You have a year this month but I’m. Not sure what day...? Let us know please! 

euknight

Apr-8

OmG what an amazing miracle straight from heaven!,!  Wow.  Wow.  Wow.  That is a fabulous 11 month anniversary present for me!,!  Makes me cry! You actually got to see it with your own eyes.........ZOWIE.

Those precious tiny creatures!!  Never thought something like this would ever be seen by humans!!!  

My friend and I just got back from the nursery.  I got cilantro, green,red bell pepper, sweet banana and jalapeño pepper.  Going to hit 90 I heard.  BIZARRO.

HUGS

PEGGY

5-8-20

euknight

Apr-8

Oh what a sweet remembrance, my Lore.  I just Noped about how strange it seems to be here.  Mostly because of you and tribe...quite honestly.  The missing piece IS the people that have your back on here.  Of this I have no doubt.

Thank you is not enough...that is for sure. Your words are so uplifting.  To be nico free seemed IMPOSSIBLE.  Chains forever....I was accepting it....but then this forum came along.....  

This is not chains forever anymore.  It has vanished.  Poof!  The heavy things cud come back with one puff but just do not want to or have the desire to go there at least for today.

It is POSSIBLE.

Hugs

Peggy

5-8-20

Eve1973

Apr-8

Peggy, Congratulations!

you are killing it

Congratulations! 11Months! Hugs!

Loreficent

Apr-8

Mmmmm! I am getting hungry reading about your plants! I am one of those that feels one can never have too much cilantro. So fresh and good! Oof! 90° already? You will be in that pool before you know it! Yay! 
I just came in from working in my yard too. Feel a bit overwhelmed with it right now. Mostly that is coming from lack of motivation I think. Which is odd. I love to garden. It has never felt like “work” before today. I’m gonna let it go and not try to over analyze it. Maybe just tired. 

Yes...those babies. It was a gift for me to see them for sure. I’m pretty surprised she built that nest where she did actually. You have to put two and two together to notice and then find them. I saw most people didn’t give that little taped off area a glance. I saw her first and was watching her for a bit before I figured it out. I will go back and check on them. They didn’t have eyes open and are so so small. They look big I. The picture actually. Hopefully I get to see them grow. 

Ok, more soon. My dinner has arrived! Woohoo!

Congratulations again on this momentous day!kissing_heart

Elizaquits

Apr-12

Hey, Lore!

I am pretty sure it was the 10th! To be honest, I forgot until this exact moment... I am thinking that is a good sign :)

Thank you so much for all of your kind and wise words throughout the past year! It has been very helpful to not go through this alone! Next, we will welcome Peggy into the club!! Speaking of which, congratulations Peggy on 11 months!!! SO CLOSE!

CC to euknight
euknight

Apr-17

Sweet Lore,

Somehow I missed this post you made replying about the death of my friend, Jim.    Thank you for this.  Not oversimplification AT ALL.  Very helpful to make me better understand the process.  All makes a lot of sense....the clotting of the heart...his health was not that great.  He had been complaining about gaining weight.  We had texted 10 days previous to his death...so surreal.  I guess you guys learn to accept dying cos you are around it more than the general population.....but when it’s a couple of people close to you...it’s prob. No different.

Before my ex died in Oct. I had been having dreams for months about people who had died.  Almost every night.  Didn’t you too last Spring with COVID?  I remember.  Maybe you still are?

Now if I don’t hear back from someone I am all paranoid.  I guess that is normal to a certain extent.  It’s like our fragile mortality has been thrust in front of my face.

Thank you again, my sweet friend for your condolences.  Makes a big difference to me.  Jim was my go to person about everything no matter how psycho it sounded.  Hugs to you.