About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 118115 views.
xvaper

Jul-3

Yea, who is dirty John?! 
I have trouble sleeping for the past three nights and yesterday I felt very anxious, but I’m holding on. I was the one who wanted to quit right? Must have had a good reason, so I need to be a big girl about this. As much as it’s finality is daunting I have to get used to “never take another puff”. Yea I hope tiny will be back soon, we could be the new quit buddies. I’m am truest grateful for your support it’s not taken for granted. I hope this evening and tonight goes better, I need my sleep!

xvaper

Jul-3

It’s still light here at 21:30 as well..such a house difference than winter. I was reminded by sputter and also the book you linked me that the ‘good cigarettes’ always come with the other 99% of the bad cigarettes we smoke and they cannot be separated. I was thinking about the last few days I was smoking and out of the however many I would roll each evening, I really maybee ‘enjoyed’ one. The rest o just couldn’t stop myself and they were not really enjoyable at all, they did not burn evenly, so I had to burn the a hanger on paper and that just made it worse, the ash always goes everywhere, and it was burning my throat and my rough and yet I was rolling one after another. That is nuts. So yea we can romanticise about only having one but that just leads to all the disgusting others, and anyways we only ‘enjoy’ it because it gives a fix to our brain, if it did not have nicotine in it we would throw it out after the first draw. Ofcourse I home not to falter this time but i have to take responsibility for my actions so I don’t want to entertain thoughts about relapse at all. I want to be closer to where you guys are. Although we are all a puff away from junkie life again, and we should never get complacent. 

euknight

Jul-3

Hey X, Hold on there girl.  Yep, not too romantic having cigs fall apart and burning holes in everything.  My ex husband use to drive my car and there is a burn hole in the back seat....grrrrrr.  Appeared soon after we bought it.

Good to hear you talking about the yucky details.  The repulsion will increase and the desire will decrease.  It is inevitable as you add one clean day to the next.  You are doing this and you will get beyond it as the brain receptors decrease. It’s an eventual chemical change.  Just have to get thru the lies and emotion.

Like any drug, the severe attacks will rear their ugly heads.  Distract...distract....put an ice cube in your mouth and walk around til it’s melted.  You are on your way, girl.  Those moments were the worst but you can get passed this.

Luv ya

euknight

Jul-3

Hey my sweet...

Yes the elevated smoking urges....I was having them big time too and they seem to have subsided.  I go back to the alcohol quit for me.....soooooo many years ago but was always triggered by change.  Any change.  I think most of us could agree the change of seasons seems to be a repeating trigger. Number 1.....You have had major unprecedented temperature change to the point you are having to sleep outside!!  Number 2....New job, that is a major life change.  While exciting and has been on your heart a long time it is still a big unknown step for you.

So as addicts any change is a little out of our comfort zone.  Sure we can do just about anything but the addict in us screams..”.Oh, a change.  Wouldn’t a smoke be good to get you thru this....”.  Freaking liar, at work once again to deposit you into the defeat pit.  No, not today, thank you.

I will not be controlled by a substance....ever again!  MANTRA

So ur working this weekend I see.  Thanks for the reminder.  May you be blessed and protected this weekend!

Luv ya

euknight

Jul-3

Dirty John....series on Net Flix...I think

There are two seasons.  The first one is better.  Psycho guy on dating site.  True story. The 2nd season was on Betty Broderick and I feel sorry for her.

Depending on your nicotine triggers, you may want to pass on it..lol

CC to xvaper
xvaper

Jul-3

Thanks love. My biggest challenge right now is that I have not been sleeping for about three night. Can’t fall asleep and then wake up constantly. Didn’t have that last time. Meds don’t help. Did you experience this and if so, how long did this last? 

SusanK1960

Jul-3

Hi X, I also suffered from not being able to sleep early on in the quit.  I even went grocery shopping at Walmart at 2:30 in the morning, just so I wasn’t laying there thinking of smoking.  It lasted about a week for me. The waking up constantly lasted longer, but it was much better than not being able to sleep, so I am unsure ow long that went on.  Melatonin gummies can sometimes help as did sleepy time tea and meditation.  It will go away.  You are doing good!!

xvaper

Jul-3

Thanks Susan that’s reassuring. It’s very frustrating. I did not have that the first time I quit, I guess quits are different, I definitely do not want to find out what a third quit would look like so this has to be the last! It’s my 5th day I think? I forgot to count!

xvaper

Jul-3

Oh my god, I'm having such cravings I'm really struggling. I was on the phone with my best friend in Canada, and we were catching up on so much, and usually I would be smoking my way through the conversation, so I was craving the whole time, its torture.

Loreficent

Jul-4

I haven’t looked at this for a bit but I do recall it being helpful. I have another link. One is to a site index and the other to a specific topic if I recall. But, I may not be recalling correctly! joy

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/course/freedom/your-inner-dialogue/

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/course-intro/