About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 111237 views.
xvaper

Jul-3

Thanks love. My biggest challenge right now is that I have not been sleeping for about three night. Can’t fall asleep and then wake up constantly. Didn’t have that last time. Meds don’t help. Did you experience this and if so, how long did this last? 

SusanK1960

Jul-3

Hi X, I also suffered from not being able to sleep early on in the quit.  I even went grocery shopping at Walmart at 2:30 in the morning, just so I wasn’t laying there thinking of smoking.  It lasted about a week for me. The waking up constantly lasted longer, but it was much better than not being able to sleep, so I am unsure ow long that went on.  Melatonin gummies can sometimes help as did sleepy time tea and meditation.  It will go away.  You are doing good!!

xvaper

Jul-3

Thanks Susan that’s reassuring. It’s very frustrating. I did not have that the first time I quit, I guess quits are different, I definitely do not want to find out what a third quit would look like so this has to be the last! It’s my 5th day I think? I forgot to count!

xvaper

Jul-3

Oh my god, I'm having such cravings I'm really struggling. I was on the phone with my best friend in Canada, and we were catching up on so much, and usually I would be smoking my way through the conversation, so I was craving the whole time, its torture.

Loreficent

Jul-4

I haven’t looked at this for a bit but I do recall it being helpful. I have another link. One is to a site index and the other to a specific topic if I recall. But, I may not be recalling correctly! joy

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/course/freedom/your-inner-dialogue/

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/course-intro/

Loreficent

Jul-4

And this is an all time favorite…The Dear John Letter…

https://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/3393/1

Eve1973

Jul-4

Hey X, I hope you were able to get through it! 

Yes I do think every quit is different and each time as you get older, most likely harder! 

So I do hope Susan and Lores advice helped. Maybe taking a Benadryl before bed, or Tylenol PM. Depends on your thoughts on meds. 

Hope today better and hugs

xvaper

Jul-4

I survived! It took a long time to fall asleep but I slept well, so I’m encouraged :) thanks for the support, I will read all the links you sent me. Last night the cravings were so bad…but I did not relent.

xvaper

Jul-4

Just to let you know I survived another day :) still a lot of anxiousness but its getting better, Thank you for all the support.

Eve1973

Jul-5

Keep going! You got this…… you know that you can, because you have done it before, just this time knowing the tricks you will Not Surrender! ??