About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started May-6 by Musivore; 24871 views.
Eve1973

Aug-13

Hey Lore, yes I liked what Tiny said too, very thought provoking. Unfortunately many people would not watch “happy news” maybe for a day or two but then get bored. 

Very happy to hear of the good stuff going on there. It is a shame that the news doesn’t report on some of the good stuff happening. Hope the 7 keeps you stable! 

Life will hopefully return to normal in a couple of years and we can wake up from this odd nightmare! Lol 

Have a fantastic evening and weekend!

TinyBadger

Aug-13

Well, the preparations are underway. I have been tidying up so I can come home to a nice house, packing and making my grocery list. When we "car camp" we eat very tasty vittles. Anyhoo, I've been off the patch for about a week now. They never really stuck to me except where you would wear a necklace, between my chest and my neck and shoulders. I instinctively reach for it, to make sure it's still working, but it's not there anymore. I have a half bottle of the 4mg lozenges left, then I'll be on to the 2. The most I've ever used in a day is 4 and I admit I've been having one or two and supplementing with Lifesavers wintergreen mints and Werther's originals, both sugar free. I know they have junk in them, but I got them because I didn't know how many I'd be wolfing down and I didn't want them to be too tasty as well as the fact that I don't need cavities. I want a back up as I wean myself off lozenges.  I've only been having one or two of those candies a day, so I'm calling it a victory. If I keep the candy consumption in check I'll get the sugar Lifesavers on the next go. I'm pretty excited to go, we leave tomorrow at three because I couldn't get out of work before then. There's no wifi, but Verizon has service there (according to the reviews) so you guys better be careful because I'll be calling you at 2 am when I have to pee and need some company going to the bathroom in the dark. Just kidding. But really, i won't be able to do the nope pledge daily but will do it in spirit. I need to get away, even to a domesticated site  (gah) and watch the fire and hang out with my husband. The last time I went camping was with 3 girlfriends who got very drunk and loud and annoying. They were up all hours, then slept in till noon. Missed the quiet of the morning and breakfast. Never going camping with them again, it was a miserable 3 days. Although I did get some peace while they were sleeping, so that was good. Anyhoo, I'm off to pack. Will check in tomorrow before we take off. 

Loreficent

Aug-13

Oh it sounds like you are well prepared. And you sound excited and looking forward to it too more than you did. Do you have a little writing journal of sorts? Might be kind of nice to keep a list of little things you notice or a certain constellation you see or just any of the nice passing thoughts that make you take notice. Maybe you already do that.The candies are a good idea, even if not used. I always like tea when I camp at night by the fire. Maybe a nice aromatic tea to hold with both hands and sip and smell the steam as you watch the fire. I do know you are going to be just fine. Just set your mind now to that channel. Like most things that give us a bit of trepidation initially, they are just fine once you get there and you realize you are crossing those bridges and...wow..the view just arises into place and you find your way. I have the utmost faith in you Tiny and am really looking forward to reading all about the trip when you come back. Are you just on the East side of the range? I think you described once the general whereabouts in Montana you are. Such a beautiful state. 
The other trip you spoke of sounds terrible. I wouldn’t go with that group again either...actually doubt I could have stayed. I love the outdoors and sitting around getting drunk in it has never occurred to me. I bet you were miserable. But...this trip will be so special for you and hubby. A celebration together. Very nice.

Have a wonderful safe trip and can’t wait to hear about it! You will come back refreshed and empowered even more, I just know it. yellow_heart

• Edited August 13, 2020 11:04 pm  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Aug-13

Oh Eve! I knew as soon as you read that you were gonna wonder if I found some of Georgie’s gummies or something left behind and consumed it! Lol! No...but I was having a serious crave again! Seem to have been good since though. That is hilarious..”happy news”! I guess I was on a bit of LaLa land trip of sorts imagining that... it would be nice, but...Actually there is a “Good News” website that I check usually once a day. I find it helps keep a balanced view of the world. I don’t see people at their best at work and that is the majority of my interactions with people other than out and about, so it helps. But you’re right, sadly, only happy news would not be sustainable for most people. 
As far as these craves...they weren’t like this before Georgie came. I think they are better today than yesterday and I suspect that improvement will continue. I guess I’m learning more about how I handle stress and change in my daily routine...which seems to be not too well! But it has caught me a bit off guard to have them like this after she left. I’ll just natter through them. They aren’t overwhelming, and not at all physical so to speak. And I trust myself, so...if I natter through them I guess that’s fine. I should add...even though I trust myself, I also know to keep my guard up with the addict voice! Oh yes. I do. Engarde to that bugger!

In reply toRe: msg 317
Loreficent

Aug-14

Oh yes...read a bit about new phone today and now to use night mode on the camera...now...of course still not like pics that can be taken with a camera with interchangeable lenses...but...there are stars that show up with this phone! Glad I got it before John tumbles. He is looking like there is a slight lean. Of course I’ve thought for months now each night I go he might be gone. Not yet. 
So all is well that ends well with laundered phones I guess. 
Thanks Georgie!

euknight

Aug-14

You are so kind.  Thanks.  Love the naïveté....something pure in that.  Seattle is to the left of Georgia on the map! Those Atlanta folk sadly built ugliness around themselves by continuing the jabs.  Right now I would like to kick them all in the face for continually exercising their sarcasm to entertain themselves.  Again, am fiercely loyal and no not like unkind purposeful behavior.  Tears everyone down including the ones doing it.

I have been able to cry a little.  Not boo hoo just some tears.  Got a message today he was having a hard time too. Of course have wanted to smoke but just am not.

Tribe was healing today.  One of my girls admitted to me she had been relapsing for months this week and was consumed with guilt.  Not like I didn’t know.    We had a good talk.  I was a little more outspoken today recovering from heart wounds which may have been a good thing.  Lol

So not sleeping again so thought I would check in.  Thanks again for your story.  Hugs to you!  Oh girl it is 107 with heat index here!!!

Story made me smile, Lore and my lip tremble...

euknight

Aug-14

O sista that pic is just magical with the night mode.  So much more dimensional and the way the yellow glows!!!

Love, love,love

Oh and the stars...yeah!!

Loreficent

Aug-14

Oh, thank you Peggy for defending me. That was years ago, 2001. The only person I ever told was the Ex. We had moved to Atlanta together from Seattle but weren’t married yet. His first wife moved there with his son for 4 year CDC Fellowship. It’s a little funny now. At the time I went into the bathroom and cried for a bit though. Am still friends with the one who pulled me aside to explain. The Ex...was hilarious. When I got home and told him he just looked at me for a few seconds and said “Well...at least you can understand what the hell they are even saying!”  He had a hard time with the accent. San Francisco born and raised. He had pretty bad culture shock all around there initially. I had at least lived in Columbus, GA for a few years while in the Army. People were much nicer there. And in Savannah. 
I think I’ve lost some of the näiveté since then. Mostly I stick to critters....mine know all of my deepest and darkest tales and secrets. 

Tears of release...they cleanse the soul and release the heart. Soon you will soar again. My last Love Lost took...well, took till now. That sounds terrible, as I’ve been with Pat 12 years it was in February...but...still there are pieces I carry and songs that tug...and a few stars that shine his smile. Can almost smell his scent on the breeze at times...but only almost. Time...is our truest friend. And enemy. Glad the tribe helped. Fellowship. There are always remnants of the old cloth that was once wrapped around us though...every now and then, a little string of fabric and we say “where did that come from?” And we know as we pick it off us...it is the one you hold for a minute and roll into a little safe ball with still loving fingers.

107! wowza. I’d be turning into a prune in that pool. Yeah...would get me an inner tube and some Booch and just float around all day splashing the water up onto me till I couldn’t stand that anymore then I’d slide down in for a bit....but now, I gotta go to work for part of the day. Piano lesson money! Yay! 
Be extra kind to yourself today Friend. heart

TinyBadger

Aug-14

I am just on the east side of the Rockies, not very far east in the state- the westernmost quarter of the state. It's absolutely lovely! I recommend a visit for anyone. Lots of great places to camp and other outdoor activities. Not much for good shopping, but there's always an REI store nearby. Hahahaha. I'm going to have to take some tea. We have a jetboil and it's super neat, great for hot beverages. I highly recommend it to the outdoorsy types. Yep, those drunk ladies super pissed me off, I just wanted to leave, but we had carpooled. Anyhoo, last night before bed I wanted to smoke sooooo bad, but went to sleep. I sleep it off a lot. Hopefully this romancing the cigarette was just a passing thought and I won't be thinking about it too often this weekend. 

Loreficent

Aug-14

You might...but they are just thoughts. They will pass. They always do. Count stars. Connect them in your mind. Maybe you will still see some remnants of the Perseids! Wouldn’t that be nice! Yes...get some tea and just settle into your wise self. The part that romances it is one very small part in a bigger picture of the mind. Call it out and say oh yes, I see you there, and then wave bye bye. You got this. Will be just fine once you are there. Will have a few craves the first night of fire and you will get through it and the second night will be better. Go enjoy this lovely planet!!