About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 45178 views.
xvaper

Aug-20

Actually it got worse. I thought I was good and all of a sudden I was nauseous and then got stomach ache. I still don't feel well. I thought COVID!! but I don't have fever.I feel really empty and unmotivated and sad. I am quite surprised by my reaction, but my friend says it is normal, that I. am mourning the kitten. I hope I feel better tomorrow. It's just that I still feel her little head that I petted today, and how she pushed her head against my hand and I petted her belly and held her little feet, so I think I'm more traumatized than I thought initially.

In reply toRe: msg 361
xvaper

Aug-20

Someone actually offered me a cigaret. I said no. But I really want one now.

Loreficent

Aug-20

Ohhh...of course it still hurts and is sad. 
These are hard times all around. The world is in a fair amount of disarray and it seems most places we look there is worry and angst and sadness and turmoil. You had the opportunity this morning for what you thought was going to be a chance to make a small difference for another living creature. You connected with her for a brief time and she brought you joy and warmth and likely smiles. Those are most welcome things these days in our tumultuous world, yes? So, to see that connection take a turn and a young trusting life ends...well...it has deep meaning and brings deeper feelings of grief. Not that it wouldn’t have a year ago too, but now more than ever when we are isolated and trying to navigate such great change...a soft, sweet and loving kitten was a moment of respite from that. It speaks to your deeper heart and empathy to grieve her. It is not a bad thing. I would be very sad and it would mess with my heart too. 

xvaper

Aug-20

Yes, this whole rescue business is heartbreaking. There are always ones we can't save even with our best efforts. Argh, I just need to mourn her tonight and start fresh tomorrow.

xvaper

Aug-20

And you were right on point when you said:

"you connected with her for a brief time and she brought you joy and warmth and likely smiles. Those are most welcome things these days in our tumultuous world, yes? "

Often I feel much more comfortable with Animals than people. They are not very complicated and pure..Even if they are ferocious killers when it comes to rats and mice and birds. It's a mad world.

Loreficent

Aug-20

That is a good thing for you to do. So often in our lives and world we are expected to compartmentalize things and tuck them away in the mind and shield our hearts. But...to what avail is that? So we can move more cautiously through this soup and not feel as much? As if feeling is wrong. Well...I am not one for that most of the time. I say you are a better soul in this moment for connecting with your heart and feelings and experiences. Embracing what brought you brief joy and then grieving the loss of it is beautifully and purely and humbly human. It is true strength.

TinyBadger

Aug-20

I'm sorry about your kitten. My husband and I love dogs more than people. They always forgive and never judge. I won't bore you with a huge list of why we love dogs so much. One of our dogs has ideopathic seizures and we both cry like babies when he has one. He's on meds, but he has one here and there. Know that you brought kindness to this little kitten, and that is admirable. Take heart, you've done well. Don't worry about your feelings, it's nstutyto feel sad.

xvaper

Aug-20

Thank you Tiny..It mean a lot. Yea people are a dangerous lot.

TinyBadger

Aug-20

My dogs give me a reason to wake up in the morning, a reason to exercise. I don't think I'd be where I am today without them. My husband has a huge and soft heart for animals. Not to toot our own horn, but we found a dog at the humane society that didn't get along with our dogs do we couldn't adopt him. We found out he had been at the shelter for almost a year because he needed the equivalent of a knee replacement and pt. We took him to a surgeon and had it done and then paid for the pt. We also paid his adoption fee. Until he was adopted, we would go to the shelter every weekend to see him. Turns out the lady who adopted him later became the CEO of the humane society and she sends us pictures and cards all year long. He's always buying stuff for them because we hate people, but feel an allegiance toward the furry little ones.