About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 43961 views.
Loreficent

Aug-22

Wait...you mean M&Ms that are coffee flavored? I have not seen those, but can’t say I’ve looked. Since quitting smoking I pretty much quit sugar too, except for the ice cream. That I didn’t do the first few months. I do love good dark chocolate. And I like gooey candy like sour patch kids and such once in a great while, though not much. Just don’t want it anymore though. I swear...I truly ate more as a smoker. And more bad stuff. Kind of like my mind just couldn’t get enough of something. Now though...I just let it go. Sweets are easy to let go as I’ve always leaned toward salt really. Don’t start with chips now either. When I want salt I eat a few olives. Or a tomato with salt. You are lucky as don’t you have all those homegrown tomatoes? Yummm!
Honestly? I think it is the Kombucha. Seems to satisfy all kinds of cravings for me. That tart cherry one sounds really good!! Is it Health Aid? I’ll look for it. How do you think tart cherry would be with honey? I’m with you on the ginger. A very small amount goes a long way. Can do without all together. Here I see one by GTs that is lemonade. I reuse their bottles for mine. 
I am peopled out right now and very ready for my beach trip. Glad the kids are going as they will keep each other talking and they both understand and respect my need for space and quiet. Won’t want that the whole time as I have some catching up to do with Stepson. But right now...I am in need of waves and wind and salt air and just...connection with the planet. I think it has been close to a month since I’ve been out there? Seems way longer ago. And I’m definitely missing something right now. Have been really noticing the light changing. And with it my mind and body fighting it, which, is futile. 
Met a guy today that sold his house here and is moving to Ecuador. Fascinating conversation. It got me on my roll in my head, though I don’t see me landing there. Been writing my friend in Spain. Truth is...I just got the itch right now really badly and know it isn’t time to scratch it yet. So...I’ll just let it fester. 
Yeah...Snake Dancer wouldn’t do well around a Copperhead. Would be funny for us to watch though! I will be just fine if I don’t ever see a Water Moccasin again. They are very territorial. Other snakes...they are afraid of you. Water Moccasins? Oh no. Will chase you like...I don’t know what. Scary though and Snake Dancer would freak out. Such a big guy too. He’s good with catching spiders and whatever else needs to be put outside though. Made him get up and get one this morning that I couldn’t reach and he grumbled but did it and went back to bed. 
Im gonna go finish my work stuff and go to bed. Had a short walk down to John in a light rain and it was really nice. Sleep will be good with cooler air and crickets. Love the sound of them so much. Night music. Deserves a quiet night....

How come no swim tonight??

xvaper

Aug-22

I totally relate. When I sink into a depression mode, I still have to get up, feed them, let them in and out of the back yard, and of course clean their box several times if needed. It helps for sure. Plus my cats are kind of needy and very affectionate, so that helps too...I'm 53 days clean which is unbelievable, and the freedom is so wonderful. I don't want to smoke again either, but I still have a lot of mental work to do. I thought smoking was helping my depression but I feel so much better without it. It was steeling my time, my concentration, my motivation..I like being free.

xvaper

Aug-22

Lori, your dog is hilarious. sounds like she will eat anything. Mischa like to eat my earplugs if he can get to them. I wouldn't have a friend that doesn't like animals, never mind a date.

Having said that..Because of covid, there were no restaurants and so no restaurant trash, so NYC Rats were getting closer to houses searching for food and going into peoples back yards. Well, Mischa killed one, one morning, in my full view, which was awful Several evening later, Frieda was about to come in from the back yard with something gray and big in her mouth ( she is very small). She was going to bring it into the house!!! .I screamed and  she dropped it right by the door. My upstairs tenant had to come get rid of the rats each time. Thank god the rats are not coming anymore. 

euknight

Aug-22

Oh I love this beautiful kitty!!  Mischa...this is so weird but a friend of mine had an orange and white cat named Mischa too....like a Russian ballet dancer or something!  Lol.  Small world.  Love how they all lay on their backs...so sweet.

That is a wild story about the rats leaving the city and going to the houses looking for trash!!!  Yuck!!  I have these visions of these cat sized rats!  Freaky

I have never heard of corn litter.  I will tell my neighbor about that.  She has 2 giant cat boxes in the garage and a cat door that leads to them.  That would be the way to go cos my bigger dogs could not get through.  Unfortunately cats wud get out the large doggie door I have and they don’t last long out here so I don’t have them anymore.

congrats on 53+ days.  Woohoo! Hope ur having a great smoke free day!

Peggy

5-8-20

xvaper

Aug-22

Thanks Peggy!

She probably knows the. brand, it's called 'world's best'. its made from corn and it is flushable which is soooo convenient.

Loreficent

Aug-22

Yeah...she is pretty funny. I have nicer pictures of her, but she is still pretty fun looking. Every now and then daughter trims her hair. I don’t like her to as I love the scraggly messy look she has going on. And I do wonder at times if she is part goat as she will eat all kinds of stuff. Earplugs included so Pat has to be very careful about that. 
Just got back from a lovely morning with an old friend. He was actually my Landlord back in like 2007 for a couple of years and he and his wife live in Santa Cruz. She is in a photography class in Eugene and he came up to PDX and we took his 2 beautiful  Belgian Shepards to the park and hung out. Arm is sore from throwing the ball and I am covered in mud as one of them kept taking it to this puddle and rolling it before bringing it back to me. Man...so much weed smoke around. So weird still to have it legal here though it has been for several years now. Never triggers smoking craves for me which is good. Can’t smoke in PDX parks, but people smoke weed. Whatever. I think you wrote something about what is called Spliffs, yes? That’s what we call it here when people mix weed and tobacco. What is the point in that? Do folks in Europe who don’t smoke cigarettes still do this with their weed? Anyway...was so good to have some social time with the right kind of person... He isn’t sure if his home will still be there when they get back. They were on the road up on Thursday and had gotten 2 hours North and got a text their neighborhood was evacuating due to the fires. He has such a lovely place there too. So they went back and got the dogs out of boarding, threw some mementos in boxes and got back on the road. Wow. 
Now I gotta go do laundry and wash my dishes before picking up Stepson from the train. Yay!! Am so excited to see him. Off to the Coast tomorrow so double yay!!! 
Hope you all are having a lovely smoke free weekend! 

xvaper

Aug-22

Yea, people do smoke spliffs, and not cigarettes, or only rolled cigarets here and there. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.. and tomorrow even better. Here it has been a disgusting, humid oven of a weather. Can't wait to go upstate. That's crazy about the fire. I realize more and more how much of a addict I am , so no, I do not want to smoke again.

xvaper

Aug-22

Yes  its terrible. I have problems accepting that I. Cannot save them all. My cats are also spoiled rotten!

TinyBadger

Aug-22

I don't either. I feel like I went through the hell week and I don't want to do it again. I do see people smoking a lot here. You'd think people here would be super outdoorsy and healthy, but they aren't. Lots of smokers and tons of chewers. Most of my tobacco class were chewers. I almost wonder if its not harder to quit that because you can put a chew in anytime, anywhere. Anyhoo, I'm glad you don't want to go back, either. This has to be the last time for me and I hope it's the last time for you.

xvaper

Aug-22

Thank you so much Tiny. I can't even imagine chewing but then none smokers cant even imagine smoking or vaping. I am determined its the last time, but time will tell. Day by day...