About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 46647 views.
Loreficent

Sep-14

I think her friend is in Billings proper, or just outside of it. The Planetarium sounds fabulous! We had a nice one in Atlanta too. PDX doesn’t have one. I would love to chill with som Zeppelin at a Laser show. My mind could get real refreshed with that. Do they still do that there? I will tell her ask friend about the candy store. Have her bring me some penny candy! Lol! Not sure if that exists still. We had a store growing up we called “The Country Store” where we got that. It was cool. I think too if the take I-90 coming back they would go through Bozeman, yes?They are leaving there in about a week. Said they are gonna do some hikes and stuff. She is pretty street savvy and won’t be alone in the city. Has been up in Seattle with me and her brother a lot, and grew up in the city here. Of course I’ve always harped on the usual stuff parents of city kids do. 
Sid you see that where people eat those little Barnacles? I’ve been a little obsessed watching videos of them since I learned that. There are a lot of videos of fishermen harvesting them off the coast of Spain where they are a delicacy apparently. Ewww. Plus...I love them! Apparently very expensive so if I find myself outta work maybe I could just get a job doing that, lol! I’d never. 

How you doing with no lozenges? Does your mouth feel better? Did you get more sleepy at first?
I went and gave this little pig some corn muffins today. She is very cute! My friend has a little pool for her and she rolls in it and plays with a ball. She rolls the ball around the yard and then pops it in the pool to wash it off. Made my day! 
Well. I might take a walk to John. It’s about 15 minutes one way if I go straight there. It’s yucky out, but I napped till 6pm and am fit to be tied with no movement! 
Oh...did you try the Wintergreen Lifesavers??

TinyBadger

Sep-15

The planetarium rotates it's shows, I don't think it's a recent one. It was the best though. It was free admission to msu students and I squeaked in as a high schooler. I love the barnacles! Not as cool as starfish or crabs but gross and loveable all the same. They definitely warrant more research on my part. My mouth is better but not at one hundred percent yet. Still no nicotine for more than a week. I've been wanting to smoke quite a bit. I'm holding strong but yesterday I was feeling really weak. I had to work late and got home and it was like a bell rang to tell me to go smoke on the deck and relax. I really did think about smoking. I need me a pig like that! I demand pictures! Rolling it's little ball round...I tried the lifesaver thing but no sparks. Am I doing it wrong? Yes, you can head back through bozeman. It's the scenic way, too. I love the mountains. And starfish. How's your dog?

Loreficent

Sep-15

“When trees fall down after a short period of time, they become very dry — really like a matchstick,” “And they can explode. Also leaves. When you have dried leaves on the ground, it’s just fuel for the fires.”

Hmmmm. Wow. This profound “wisdom” and insight makes me want to smoke. Guess I’ll just step outside for a bit...perhaps walk, get a pack in that way.  Worst air quality in the World right here right now. And some things still make me mad enough to knee jerk that old familiar coping mechanism. Why?

CC to xvaper
Loreficent

Sep-15

Glad to hear the mouth is better! Hmmm. I’m pretty sure it is the Wintergreen ones and you have to be in the dark like in the bathroom in front of a mirror with the light off and bite down with your mouth open. Maybe they’ve changed the ingredients since I’ve done it. I’ll get some later when I’m out and entertain myself trying.

I didn’t take my phone when I went to see her, but she is a very cute pig! I will probably go back Sunday. She has a goat there too. I think the goat is lonely as they usually like buddies to get into their shenanigans with. 
Well Friend. Just don’t cave. You can think about and have craves, that’s normal and gonna happen for a while. Just do NOT think you can have ONE. There is a lot of stress out there right now. Season changes I think are a trigger too for us. Whatever you do, don’t read the news today. I just did that and it sent me off. I did go see John last night. Wrote somewhere else about so won’t repeat here, but it was enough to make me not want to smoke for sure. Just think how much stronger your lungs are already! So if it’s been a week with no NRT you can look at it like you just finished second hell week maybe. Now you know you can do this too. And you are doing it! So very well. 

Whoopi is better after the steroid shot. She just stood there looking at me with this sad face when I went out last night. I don’t usually take her on my night walks to see John, but she had that look like “not now either?”. 
We didn’t get the rain that was hoped for. I didn’t figure we would. When it does rain here this time of year it is a small amount. Little sprinkle this AM for about 4-5 minutes only. Now the rain expected Wednesday or Thursday is supposed to have lightning. Great. Hopefully the lightening stays away from those dried leaves and match sticks that are “so poorly managed” and the reason for all of this. Ugh. 
Yes...read about the barnacles. And Starfish. Octopus. Bioluminescent plankton. All of it. World full of wonder. Watch YouTube and don’t smoke. 

• Edited September 15, 2020 2:43 pm  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Sep-15

To tell you the truth, I don't know why other than the fact that we are addicts. It's what we do, when anything uncomfortable or joyous hits us, we smoke. It's all in your mind. Heck, I just started lighting candles again. I couldn't even get near a lighter before now. You're under a lot of stress but don't let it throw your quit! Smoking will not make anything better. All the things you cry about in the shower won't be made right with a cigarette. Go see John, if it's safe. Or maybe go play with the neighborhood pig. Just do not smoke!

Loreficent

Sep-15

Oh I won’t smoke. Just blowing off steam. I’ll be damned if I’d let anything Orange make me smoke. 
Im a little too green and black and rainbow for that! Lol!

In reply toRe: msg 537
xvaper

Sep-15

Hi friends, i am sorry i have been MIA. I'm crunching a project with a deadline at the moment. Don't give in! you have done so well in situations you didn't think you could handle (camping) So you've got this. Lori, the pig thing is so funny. Do not read the news or listen to anything apart from the fire development that you need tp be informed about. I hope the rain comes, this is unbelievably disastrous. 

xo

Loreficent

Sep-15

Sound advice X. Sadly, the quote above is from the news and fires pertaining to here and the rest of the West. So, I know PDX proper is not in danger now. I’ve stopped reading and started watching YouTube videos on fermentation and pickling. Stepson is BIG into this stuff and gave me a quick pickling recipe for these pearl onions he had when I was there. Found some red pearl onions at this little local market yesterday and am gonna give it a go! Right after a nap. I have to go to this other Crunchy store and get some Za’atar first. Most stores that are not big chain (which within the city there are not too many of those) are working on shortened hours and closing early to get their employees home and out of the air as much as possible. So I can’t nap too long. 
I am not as adept or fond of cooking per se as you. Figure things along the lines of fermenting and pickling and Kombucha making or anything else akin to somewhat of an edible science experiment is more up my alley. The videos help with distraction too, and I’m not in danger of smoking today. One day at a time. Thanks for checking in! Miss you!

Loreficent

Sep-16

We’ve got SUN! Look! I haven’t seen even this for a week, so it is very hopeful. 

TinyBadger

Sep-16

Sun! How exciting! A little pink around the gills, but sun nonetheless. Look at all the trees where you live! How lush and beautiful. A new day is dawning, I tell you. A new day for portland.