About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 43779 views.
Loreficent

Sep-28

Oh Eve, we could have painted the town red last night! Was a perfect night out. They’ve got a few different kinds of them here. They also have these really dumb looking things that are like a huge tricycle. Big fat tires on them and big cushy seat. One of those got ditched right next to my neighbor two houses down and was there 3 days. Our whole street was cracking up and nobody wanted to get on it to move it they are so ridiculous. Finally my one neighbor moved as he said his husband promised to take him out to dinner if he would as it was right in front of their Hell Strip. Was so sad I missed seeing him get on that thing but my other neighbor across the street took a little video and played it at our socially distanced BYOBandM Block Party and it was hilarious!!

Tiny you can have a helmet! Not to sound like the behemoth, but “Just Do It!”

CC to TinyBadger
TinyBadger

Sep-28

I'd definitely try it with a helmet. I admit I am a cautious type of gal, and I don't like the idea of cracking my head on the ground. My husband is an avid cyclist and he's been hit by cars three times because people don't pay attention. And yes, he is very polite, he behaves as though he were a car, stopping at stop signs and that sort of thing. One time someone opened their car door on to him. He uses clips to snap his feet into the pedals because all the fancy bikes are sold with them. Dangerous, I say. I almost smoked twice today. This morning I didn't think I could get in the car without going to the convenience store and my husband got a little snappy when I asked him for a ride so I left in a huff. Wanted to tell him to go to heck and get some. I pulled into the parking lot and sat in my car and cried  because I wanted one so bad. Then I'm sitting at my desk and someone asked me how my morning was going and I started crying all over again. So embarrassing. I just want to smoke. I have some lozenges left and I'm trying really hard not to use them as I haven't had one in weeks. I'm telling you, I want one bad. So here I am at work, not taking a lunch because I'm afraid if I get in the car I'll go buy some. On the bright sid e the hospital made bratwurst so I got a bun and kraut with mustard and some german potato salad to ease my pain. Even got a coke. They buy local and organic but I don't know how I feel about a hospital brat. I am just praying that I can hold strong.  I'm dying here and my usual tricks aren't working. Somebody tell me this is going to be ok. 

Loreficent

Sep-28

It’s gonna be OK Tiny!! I promise. For real for reals. It will be ok. Do not, I repeat DO NOT smoke. I’m gonna write more but send this now in case you are still here...

TinyBadger

Sep-28

I'm here and desperate.

Loreficent

Sep-28

Ok...now listen. A hospital Brat is better than no Brat. You find yourself a calm space and close your eyes for a minute and take in the smell. Kraut too? Oh...yum! With mustard. Just how it ought to be! And German Potato Salad?? Yeeesss! You just sit with that lovely lunch and stay in the moment and eat it slowly and sip your Coke. Things will be ok. Smoking will not change anything, we know this. At this point it would make you feel so bad in so many ways. Fall is hard. Trust me, I know this. That scooter adventure helped a ton last night! It’s ok though. It is just the slow release of the hot summer days. It is bringing the rest needed for things to renew and grow again and you know what? We are doing that too. Just still yourself and let it be. This wave is gonna pass. Yeah, another one coming, but you can’t stop them. A wise friend told me not too long ago to stand at the water’s edge and let the earth lap gently at my feet and soothe me. So you do that just now. Those waves are there, gently lapping and bringing calm and new little bits washing up. They are always there Tiny. Just take a deep breath and stand there at the edge and let the calming rhythmic movements soothe you. I think tomorrow will be a beach day and somewhere out there is a Starfish waiting to be found. I will take a soft touch from you and let it know that someone in Montana is thinking about it. 

Loreficent

Sep-28

Ok...time to reach down and rub that Lily. Slow and easy. You are stronger than you know Love. You rub that Lily and lower that gaze. Eyes on sight Tiny. Dead nuts center. Hold your breathe a second and keep your focus. Let it out real slow...ready? One more step. Don’t move your gaze. Right on target. That Oak Tree has not moved. 

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Dammit I'm crying into my kraut. What an awful feeling. I'm going to use this ocean idea. Lapping on my feet in the soft sand and seeking out tidal pools with little critters like starfish. God, I hope this passes because I've never wanted to smoke this bad. Ever. Gently touch a starfish for me because I need him so badly. I need the calm so much right now. I just want to be soothed. 

Loreficent

Sep-28

It’s ok. I’m here. 

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Are you sure? I feel like I can't see it...

Loreficent

Sep-28

You’re ok. It will pass. There is nothing...nothing I tell you so soothing as those waves lapping at your feet just now. Oh, the cool salt air...close your eyes and breathe deeply. So many little critters...