About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 60389 views.
Loreficent

Sep-28

Yes, I’m absolutely sure. Got your hand. You’re not alone.

TinyBadger

Sep-28

And horrible birds. Sea faring birds. I can't remember what the ocean sounds like but I want to. Maybe they have that on my app. I'm checking

Loreficent

Sep-28

Oh...they are not the same out there as the ones inland. Not horrible. Part of the cycle of life there. Yes, find the Ocean on your app.

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Ok I found the ocean. Maybe this will help. 

In reply toRe: msg 624
Loreficent

Sep-28

Yes...and I’m calling all angels....

You got this Tiny. One.Breath.At.A.Time.

Loreficent

Sep-28

Ok...no birds...stand in this little cave and watch and hear the Ocean...

euknight

Sep-28

Hey Tiny,

Are you listening to the ocean?  The winds are raging here....I have the door open so can hear it better..just blowing allergens in...lol....but your ocean is blowing the desperation out of you.

Did you do the deep breaths like Lore said.  Do 10 in a row and it will tire you out. Are there any straws available at work!!!!  Ice water??

This will pass...it is the strongest urges that indicate the strongest healing when you are past them!!  Go Tiny!!  You can do this!!

Am glad you can cry.  Tears of purification of all these emotions hitting you right now.  Cry ur heart out girl. You will be so glad you did not act on what this demon wants you to do.  Yes, am calling massive angels of protection along with Lore.  Open your eyes to them.  They are standing all around you protecting you.

Back at work yet?  Hang in there.

Peggy

TinyBadger

Sep-28

My hearing aids are fancy and connect to my phone so Im listening to the ocean. I'm sure people in the cafeteria think I'm nuts if they saw me. Just sobbing. I can't get a straw here but I think the breathing is helping. Oh, peggy. The fact that you gave a hoot really helps. Maybe I do have a tribe after all.

Loreficent

Sep-28

Yes, Tiny. Like it or not, you have a Tribe here. And we are gonna ride those Scooters one day!! grin
So go to your Crunchy Store after work, (nowhere else mind you as I know the crunchy store here does not sell smokes) And get you some of those reusable straws. Ours has stainless ones and bamboo too. Keep it with you. Get several. They come in packs. Keep some at your desk so you have a straw. We don’t have straws in PDX. They were outlawed a few years ago. Maybe you can get a recycled paper one some places with your drink but you have to ask. Anyway, get some to keep with you so have it.

I think I’m gonna go get a Daith piercing today. The woman who does my massage and acupuncture is a Chinese Medicine Provider too. She said that a Daith can serve as an acupressure point for emotions running amuck. Daughter has one and she said it helps. Quicker and easier and cheaper than another Tat right now, LOL! Yeah...even sounds grounding...put a ring right through the “crux of the helix”. Which ear I’m not sure yet. Probably right as I mostly sleep on the left and those cartilage piercings take a while to heal. Maybe the whole Tribe should get one! Could be our symbol!!joy

CC to euknight
TinyBadger

Sep-28

I had a rook for a while and it just wouldn't heal right. Probably because I had it on the left. I've been thinking about an ocean tattoo...