About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 43781 views.
TinyBadger

Sep-28

Well the work day is finally over. I'm at home, trying to figure out what I'm going to eat for dinner. I'm just so exhausted. I don't think many people understand how depleting it is to fight "yourself" all the time. I know my brain is telling me malarky but it's so hard to fight. I just wanted to go get some cigarettes and wander around town smoking. Then get some lunch and smoke a lot more. Maybe eat ice cream and smoke a lot more. I just felt so beaten down and exhausted. Fighting addiction is so hard. I did persevere and I did not smoke, so I am proud of that. I want to say thanks to everybunny for helping me get through my freak out. My tears really moistened my kraut. I only got through it because of you guys, so really and sincerely, thank you.

Loreficent

Sep-28

Ok....that smarted a bit. Not as much as I remember the Tragus piercing hurting, but enough. Now...salt water soaks! Oh Tiny...what would we do without our salt water??

You doing better now?

Man...I think I’ll stay in PDX for now. No offense, but I think the culture here suits me better. Can’t see me in ankle length skirts and turtle necks all the time, lol! Don’t think I’ll shave part of my head either though; you are brave on that front! I do think you ought to get you a Starfish tattoo. Sounds like it would bring you great joy. I let my artist have pretty much free reign on my left arm after I gave her the Mermaid and Mer-child and Octopus where I wanted them. She gave me a Sea Turtle, a Seahorse, an Anemone and a Starfish all her own design. Kelp and a beautiful Jellyfish too. And some colorful fishes! I say go for it. You can always wear long sleeves when you want to. So many people don’t even know I have tattoos. Now I will embrace the behemoth philosophy and say “Just Do It!”

TinyBadger

Sep-28

You already have an oceany tattoo? I demand pictures! I bet the ear hurt. I cried one single tear when they pierced my nose. It was quite the pinch. The tattoos don't hurt me, the only one that I didn't think was completely comfortable was the one on my ring finger. It was pretty poky. I'm going to have to see what kind of starfish I'd like in what setting. I'll have to wait a while because tattoo artists don't grow on trees here. Good ones, at least. I suppose this gives me time to get more quit under my belt and  to go see the ocean for myself. I listened to the ocean for hours today and it seemed to really help. I'm going to start listening to the waves when I get stressed. 

Eve1973

Sep-28

You DID IT GIRL, so so so PROUD of you. Eat, go to bed early even if you just watch tv. Tomorrow you will be still off a bit, but you will be happier than if you smoked! Great job chickadee! 

Better days are coming..........

Side note......Rook? Targus? You guys make my brain hurt. I cant follow all your bantering! Lol......kinda

TinyBadger

Sep-28

They are  ear piercing locations, silly! Every location on the ear has a name. We got take out from a local pub and I had a great big bacon cheeseburger and fries. So good. Sorry vegetarian folks, don't mean to offend. I'm watching YouTube videos and eating Werther's originals. Still want to smoke but I have some food in me and my husband said he was sorry for being a jerk this morning. It's been a long day for sure. 

Loreficent

Sep-28

Yes Tiny, have a whole Ocean themed sleeve on the left. To go with a proper burial some day. I agree, getting a tattoo doesn’t hurt so much. It’s just kind of like an annoying little stinging that goes on and on but just while they are working. After not even like a minor sunburn. Worst for me was inner elbow and inside of wrist. Inner wrist is very sensitive. Top of shoulder over the bones and outer elbow over the bones smarts a bit more too. Me and my artist just chit chatted through it and all I had to do was hold still really. Kind of just resigned myself to the sessions. There are aspects of this quit that to me have been way more painful for sure. Way more. 

Loreficent

Sep-28

Eve...you’re hilarious. Like Tiny said, names of piercings. Look on Google images for Daith or Tragus piercing. Just don’t look for any with names of Princes...

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Hahaha no princes!

Loreficent

Sep-28

Yeah...that will get this girl gang nowhere good for sure. Matter of fact, I gotta walk now to clear my head! Lol!! There are some things that one just asks...”Why?” ....

So glad you are better now! yellow_heart

Loreficent

Sep-29

Well Tiny...

I saw a couple of reddish Starfish today, pics not too good. It was a very rare almost windless day and a bit hazy from the smoke drifting out but not cloudy. Definitely a late September turn in the water, which was also unseasonably warm and deceptively rough. I hadn’t planned on going in and actually left a bit after 1:30 so as to time the tide. Still, where I like to go I ended up in water chest high and knocked under a couple of times. It was very odd as what the air lacked in wind power the Ocean was definitely picking up in the waves and for a receding tide it was rough. But oh so pretty and I sat on some rocks and just watched for a long time. The air was amazing without the wind it was a thicker salty smell. I also found a few little crab buddies you would have loved. They are funny the way they will skitter into a crevice and watch you. Took a very cute video but don’t think that can post here. Anyway...thought of you a bunch while there today. Hope your day today was better. I do think of you keep your eyes on the prize and save what you would have spent on smokes for a trip to the Coast, it will not disappoint you in any way. Let me look and see if these pics are worth putting here for you. I have an anemone one that is lovely and I got soaked getting it. 

• Edited September 29, 2020 11:50 pm  by  Loreficent