About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 110571 views.
Eve1973

10/8/20

Lmao.....,. You crack me up! Now you know how I feel when you guys talk about........ Well whatever it is that you talk about. Haha. I’m sure Peggy will be cracking up!

Loreficent

10/8/20

Peggy! FIVE MONTH Peggy!

Glad the work went smoothly. And the colonoscopy sounds...smooth also! Haha! Oh boy. Well at least you got a warm blankie. Sounds like you made a not so fun thing a fun outing. I’d love to have lunch at that place. Now cuddle time with Jackson and Tab. Yay! Are you still swimming? I’m going tomorrow to get some new rain gear for walking/ running. Gonna need it real soon till into March. Ugh. Dread for Winter. Once the time changes up till Winter Solstice I am a little bear that will come out to eat, take a walk, then sleep more. I love how after Solstice about two, three weeks, you start to notice it lighter a tad later. Hope returns. Few more silver hairs, yeah, whatever. 
So that Praying Mantis was adorable! I have a little video of his front arms flailing at me. He was so fierce. Really made my night. Doesn’t their head look so small compared to the body? And those eyes! He wasn’t happy with me picking him up at all. I was. Took me back many moons to when we were kids and would be so thrilled to find one in the garden. We’d make them these little homes in a Mason jar and keep them several hours but my Mom always made us let them go before bed. She was wise. And kind. You can order a Praying Mantis egg sac for your garden. I’d only do it though if they actually live around there. Otherwise you’re gonna have to get a lot of green cards, lol! The babies are all light tan, maybe about a half inch, and have a transparency to them. The eyes stand out though and they are very very cute.  We used to have these bugs that we called “June Bugs” that I think may be in the Cicada family but am not sure. They would shed their skin on the trees and we would collect them and wear them on our shirts like fancy pins. Their leg skin had these little hooks that would latch right onto the fabric. I have a jar of them still from when I took Daughter to see my folks last time they were both alive and it was Summer in Michigan. We collected them and brought them home. I noticed she got them out to show her Girlfriend. That was a good trip as she got to see Fireflies too and lightening. 
So the Scooters are meant to be left where one is done with it. There is an app people have that they look on to see the location of the closest one to go get it if they want, kind of like Car2Go was. Yeah, that was fun Peggy and you could and should definitely do it if you get the chance! We all should. Take ‘em right on down to Kell’s and have a drink! Lol! 
Home grown peppers sound so good! You still have tomatoes too? Lots of folks have a lot of tomatoes in their hell strip gardens here. I’m always tempted to grab one when out walking but am not a good thief. Those pears Tiny told me about though, from the Crunchy Store...amazing! Your Tribe is lucky you cook for them. I’m gonna guess you are a very good cook. 
OK lovely sweet Peggy. I’m sorry I messed up the count. Glad to hear from you and that all is swell. kissing_heart

Loreficent

10/8/20

Eve! It’s a party!!! Glad you came!

Red flowers blue thorns, red flowers blue thorns, red flowers blue thorns...

Have you not seen Shrek??? If not I HIGHLY RECOMMEND watching it with your BF. So good! 
What you mean whatever we talk about?? We cover lots of territory here! Bugs, the Ocean, Scooters, food, Kombucha , exercise, food, Piercings! Yeah. Lots of good stuff comes out talking either ourselves or someone else off the ledge. The subject for today...Praying Mantis. Oh, and Fly swatters! Hahaha! Oh boy.

There Tiny. I got it outta my system!

CC to TinyBadger
TinyBadger

10/8/20

I have made it 119 days and 12 hours without a cigarette! My husband is baking me a lemon cake tonight, for tomorrow's celebration! I LOVE lemon. 

Loreficent

10/8/20

Woohoo!!! What shape is the cake?? A Fly swatter?? Lol! Oh man. Ok. I’ll reign myself in over here. The night is young...and so am I! 
That’s awesome Tiny. You are going strong my friend. Going strong. I put poor Peggy 30 days in the hole! Oh...remember that song? Humble Pie. May have to put it on my playlist in honor of Peggy. 
Well Tiny, you’d be cracking up. They are having a 4:20 Happy Hour here where for 30 bucks you get some amount of weed and a log in to a Zoom Meeting with a local comedian for an hour. Funny stuff they do nowadays for sure. Well, in my younger days I’d be tempted to join, but only tempted mind you. I think it is a bring your own fly swatter event. Hahaha! Oh boy. Sorry.

P.S. Want me to send you a picture of a June Bug??

SusanK1960

10/8/20

119.5 days is magnificent, Tiny!  You are really doing the quit thing!  Isn’t it just awesome that you have that much power to change your life!  Lemon cake sounds like a great reward!  

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/8/20

Lemon cakes are my favorite

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/8/20

Hii beautiful ladies,whats going on?

Loreficent

10/8/20

Hi Joel

You coming to the party? I trust you have another day down. Lemon cake is good. Not smoking is the best! Definitely something to celebrate.

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/8/20

Wow Tiny,thats a great achievement..keep up the good work.i am going through my 17 th day.