About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 59159 views.
SusanK1960

Oct-8

Way to go Joel!  I loved noticing all the changes in my body during the first couple of months, like the coating on my tongue disappeared, I was not coughing as much, I didn’t make as much noise when I slept (according to my husband).  What change(s) are you noticing?  

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Oct-9

Hi Susan,i am only 26 year old ,smoked for an year and fortunately i didnt develop any health problems or noticable changes in my body.That is never an excuse to smoke again.Even one single puff consists of thousands of chemicals and definitely gonna do harm in the long run.As we all know cigarettes are slow killers.They keep playing with us,pretending to be our best companion until we notice how miserable they made our lives!

One of the main changes i have noticed after quitting is i am more relaxed and efficient now.i used to smoke for no reason.i was always thinking when to smoke the next cigarettes again.i used to smoke in car,i considered that was cool!what a foolish person i was!!now i am enlightened leaving behind all my desperate past.i have broadened my view towards life.it seems more of purpose driven now.i rarely exercized while i was a smoker but now i exercize often.Kicking this highly addictive habit has made me more confident and determined.When i smoked,i thought my life will definitely get reduced by atleast 20+ years.The fact is we cant control how long we people live.we somehow have to die and i am a person who prefer to have a short life but i never want to die as a smoker.

I would love to hear your quit story Susan.

TinyBadger

Oct-9

Ooh show me the bug!

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Oct-9

Yes why not!i would love the party and enjoy a piece of lemon cake with you wonderful people.Thanks for letting me in:)

Loreficent

Oct-9

Well Joel, you will be I think the only man here at this party and no smoking allowed! This thread was started by a guy but he hasn’t been around for a long time. Hope he is ok wherever he may be and hopefully not smoking still.

There is a lot of girl talk so I will still write you in the other thread too. No smoking there either!

Oops..I’m sorry..do you prefer JoelJose or Joel? 

• Edited October 9, 2020 12:28 am  by  Loreficent
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Oct-9

Which is the other thread you are refering to Lore?is it the 6th day of quiting started by me?yes !no smoking party is more enjoyable.Actually we are enjoying this no smoking life.

Calling me Joe would be nice same like i call you Lore...efficient Lore.By the way, who is the prettiest lady in this party?

Loreficent

Oct-9

Yes, the 6th day one you started. It is enjoyable to write there too. Hmmm. You ask an interesting question. My answer would be we are all beautiful spirits here I think. Also, I’m not sure how to put this politely, but I think we are all old enough to be your mother, perhaps older even? My Stepson is your age. He is lucky and never smoked and never will. 

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Oct-9

Yes Lore i know.i was just kidding..i know you all are pretty people as you have the inner beauty that far outweighs the physical beauty.My mom doesnt know i was a smoker and now i am so happy that i have nothing to hide from her.i am very happy and proud to have  beautiful people like you guiding me,atleast in this online platform.i never experienced the love of a grandparents in real life.see how blessed i am!i am receving your love and support while i am overcoming the hardest addiction which i thought i wont be able to conquer.i am so proud of your grandson that he never smoked and never will.Before i was a smoker, i thought(everyone of us here) we will never be hooked to cigarettes.Tobacco products should be banned.Easier said than done :(

Loreficent

Oct-9

Oh, thank you Joel. I’m sure your mom would understand and forgive you. I don’t have a grandson though. My stepson is 26. My daughter is 17. Her dad was married before me and had a son, so he became my stepson. I am not a grandmother yet! 
Yes, I’m afraid there is too much money being made for big companies and also in taxes that cigarettes will not be banned. Too bad. So we must do the best we can to educate younger people on the dangers of them and the powerful addiction. This is what I mean my stepson will never smoke. His mother and me and others did all we could to teach him about the trap. I think there is more education nowadays for young people on it than when I was a teenager. Still, though, I think some kids still see it as “cool “ unfortunately. Maybe someday if you have kids you will use your experience to teach them well not to start!

In reply toRe: msg 690
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Oct-9

Oh i am really sorry Lore,i got confused stepson with grandson.So ,you are not too old as i thought you were!Yes ofcourse,when i will have a son in future,i will educate him properly about the harm and side effects of smoking.As humans,we tend to be more curious about what we are not supposed to do.Cigarettes stands at the right place for this.They are not too intense as some other drugs.They are subtle and are marketed in somewhat all movies and stuff which children watch right from the childhood .This is what happened with me.i already knew all the sideeffects of smoking..but still i gave it a try and eventually falled into addiction.What is your opinion?