About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 46914 views.
TinyBadger

Oct-21

I'm so glad you're here! We missed you. Yes, see kiowa. And I agree with you that dogs can sense illness or something being off with their owner. They are very smart creatures. I'm also glad you got tested because there is a lot of crap in the air. (And surfaces) you never know. Please do let us know how things are with you...

SusanK1960

Oct-21

Hey sweet lady!  I am so far behind on reading what is happening on the forum.  You asked how it feels to be at one year.  It kinda feels like when you cross the finish line, yet you are too tired for the elation you expected. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy to have smoking in the rear view mirror!  I am sorry you are going thru that emotionally challenging time right now, but ride it out, it does get better, I promise!

Loreficent

Oct-21

Hey there!

Oh, so glad to hear from you. I bet it is such a huge relief. So does it feel “all done!”? And...where is the KEY??

Well, it’s good to know you are still here. Please don’t go away just yet!blush
I’m doing ok really. A tad worried about my kitty but he is better again today. This is how it goes with a kitty over 18 I think...? Oh, he is such a love. Seriously...he is just a little bowl of sugar! And, of course what seems to be the never ending Covid spread and dread as we now call it. Was cold today, and only 48 now and I found myself thinking I really need to snowbird when I retire or be somewhere without this for sure. I just like cold when I want it for a short time, then want to leave it. Do you get much Winter weather there? 
Ok Susan my friend....pick yourself the most lovely key ever as you deserve it!!kissing_heart

Loreficent

Oct-21

Oh! You’re back!!heart_eyes
Im so happy to hear from you. You’ve definitely been on my mind and in my heart. Time will just have to do its thing. There is no other way than to let nature do her thing. I am happy the words brought you some comfort. Yes, I agree about Kiowa too with what you and Tiny said. Makes me want to go back and see what I said before about creatures and their realm. Definitely a wisdom there that is elusive to us consumed with things superficial in the grand scheme of life.

You know, that is exactly what I said. We’ve been working in this since day one, and so, for us to just now have our first case on our staff is pretty darn good. I think what we all are fearing is the domino effect. I didn’t work today but heard there are now 2 other support staff out with symptoms. So...here we are back to good old time and riding things out, right? 
So you got a test? Yay! Now part of the club, woohoo! Lol! Glad it was a fairly painless experience. We do it differently, and it’s not what I would call pleasant, but it certainly isn’t horrible. No worse than jumping in a pool and getting water up your nose in my opinion. Are your symptoms all gone? Oh...PM me if you want on that! Sorry!

Did you see that pretty bug I posted? Tiny said it’s not pretty. disappointed I think I better save bug pictures for you, Lol! I did have another Praying Mantis on my deck this afternoon. It could have been same on? Not sure how many are out and about now, but will say I think this one is off to Praying Mantis heaven soon. He didn’t look very spry. I took him over to some bushes as I was afraid the door was gonna smoosh him. Man, they are just such neat little creatures. Another male. 
Calvin is better today. Eating up a storm now, then sleeping. He is curled up right next to right now on my left, and Whoopi on my right. So...all is well with the world! Not sure where the babies are...? May be down with Daughter. Her girlfriend is in love with them. Apparently with my Daughter too, lol! I like her though. She has a very apparent good and gentle presence. Of course, as a momma bear, my mind goes to the “uh-oh. First love.”. Man...is weird to watch your child grow into this space and where they are stretching their wings and such. I will say, I have a lot of faith in her and deep down, I know she is gonna be ok. Still...she will always be my baby. 
Ok, Peggy Love...so glad to have you back. You know what else? Deep down, I know you will be ok too. heart

Hmmm...well came back to update, now two more coworkers positive and the other two I mentioned before were positive also. So now we have a total of 5. Which is very interesting as we changed our work flow two weeks ago this Friday. So...I’m gonna go take my vitamin D and my “proprietory cocktail” of my other stuff and walk in a bit and clear my lungs with cold 43 degree air. That’ll do it, right? Lol! 

• Edited October 22, 2020 1:56 am  by  Loreficent
Eve1973

Oct-22

Hey Lore, wow 5 coworkers!!?!? You keep safe there my strong friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family......furry ones included!

Loreficent

Oct-22

Yeah...I’m a little nervous now. Has “hit home” if you know what I mean. It’s one thing to see peeps you don’t know all day briefly, but have 5 I work closely with for the whole day....2 more out waiting on results this morning. I don’t go back till Saturday. Now I’m wondering how the heck they are gonna staff us! sob

Did you see that pretty blue bug Eve? Isn’t he really pretty??

• Edited October 22, 2020 12:09 pm  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Oct-22

Ok Girlz...

I just posted this for the fellas in another thread and got to thinking...the Tribe needs to see this Bad A— Momma Cougar. Some guy went out for a run, saw some cubs and started to film and out came Momma! Whoa. Didn’t tell the boys this, (hopefully they don’t read it here joy) but I would have peed my pants straight away. Then I would have had a heart attack. For sure. Wow. I’ll stick to Coyotes!! joy Though we have these in Oregon too.... not in PDX. Nope. No cougars here! Lol! Anyway...next crave Tiny, watch this video. Moral of the story? NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON A BIG BAD KITTY. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/13/923152282/man-escapes-cougar-dude-i-don-t-feel-like-dying-today

Loreficent

Oct-22

Hey DJ!

Come on over here and hang out!! So glad you are back. Also..check out the video linked above. Will make the Nicodemon look like a wimp! joy
Anyway, it is good to see you. Pop back in!

TinyBadger

Oct-22

Holy carp! That is some scary stuff! I'm glad that wasn't me because I totally would have peed, too! Those cars don't fool around and I do think he's lucky to be alive because if the kitty wanted him, he could have done serious damage or killed him. Especially because he was alone. Lesson learned, stay away from wildlife babies!

Loreficent

Oct-23

Right?? And don’t run alone in their territory. He did very well not to turn his back or run I will say. He would have been a goner. 
One time last summer, not the one just past but 2019 I was coming back from the beach and it was close to midnight. Had just passed a biker on HWY 26  maybe 20 seconds prior and had been doing about 60mph but slowed down when I saw the bike. After I passed him, at the edge of the road about 200 to 300 yards ahead on the side I caught this flash of eye reflection, and then out into the middle it of the road it walked and stopped and there stood one of these guys. My heart leaped to just see him, and quick as a flash, he took a couple of steps then made this huge leap up onto the bank into some brush on the other side of the road. It was absolutely incredible. Just not something you see really. And when you do, there is a reason as they have seen you  first. Like I said...I’ll stick with seeing the Coyotes. What struck me so was when it was in the middle of the road, the size of it’s tail. Amazing. By the way...if I had been this guy, I probably would have done more in my pants than pee! joy