About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 44320 views.
TinyBadger

Oct-26

Good gravy. It takes all types...on a brighter note, my office is freezing so I've been wearing my hat with a ball on it all day. I love a good winter hat with a ball perched atop it. I have a lot of hats, you know. One of the ladies at work made me some felted mittens and a hat from alpaca. Very toasty. A little too toasty some days. I was kind of sad to come back to work but glad I'm covid free. I was pretty worried. You been to the ocean lately? Any urchins or anemones? Maybe a little starfish ?

Loreficent

Oct-26

There you are! I was getting worried! Will write more later...I’m filling out my ballot and am gonna walk to the Ballot Box. Back soon!heart_eyes

Loreficent

Oct-27

No, I haven’t been for a bit now. Of course I have the ever present yearning though. Just finished watching “My Octopus Teacher” on Netflix. You should watch it Tiny. The cinematography is breathtaking. The deeper story and meaning more so. Brought me back to what I said to Jaka in another thread about being rats in a maze. Not in the smoking sense, but in the life sense. But, there, when we look at that situation, we have to take into account that the rats did not put themselves in the maze. Rather they are victims of circumstance and prey of our folly mostly, poor things. We on the other hand, have so many options and choices. This guy who did the movie realized he was burnt out on what he had been driven by and was doing. So he took some time and did some things differently. His life ended up profoundly deepened and heart changed. So...of course, this has me thinking. Which is great of course. Usually. It’s of course better when there isn’t a pandemic and other limitations to deal with. But yeah. Watch it. So good. 

TinyBadger

Oct-27

I'm going to have to check it out. I do like movies that make me think. Oh, here's a funny one! A lady I work with loves hallmark movies. I mean LOVES them. So she watches them and only those movies year round. I've always teased her a little, very gently, of course. So she keeps pushing them on me but I don't have cable so I've had an out. Now she finds them on youtube and is creating a watch list for me! Oh noes! Something about two princes for Christmas is up first. She loves a happy ending and says they bring her peace do maybe I do need a hallmark movie...

Loreficent

Oct-27

Hahaha! You are gonna have to watch sappy movies!! joyjoyjoy

I think I saw that 2 Princes one last year with Daughter. If I recall, one was kind of cute, so maybe not an entire waste of time!joy

Well, isn’t this quit journey just one big Hallmark movie Tiny? Fits and spins and spats and drama to boot! Yay! Oh boy! Life is such a bowl of cherries and maple syrup. Of course, the best of that as we know is from Vermont.... Speaking of...have you tried maple syrup in tea? Almost as good as honey!

• Edited October 27, 2020 2:15 pm  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Oct-27

I most certainly do not drink honey in tea! Good gravy, you lose all the flavor! Although maple syrup does sound tasty. Not sure what you would pair it with other than english breakfast or an earl grey. I am dreading the hallmark thing not because I'm above it or look down on her, but becuim a documentary kind of gal. I love learning about things in nature, how the brain works or science. I watch nova even though the koch brothers pay for it. Lots of other stuff too. I'm like a walking billboard for pbs. I love it! Netflix had some pretty good stuff too. I really love the ocean shows, go figure. Somebody needs to do a starfish documentary, dang it! Anyhoo, I think people start dying when they stop growing and learning is part of that. My therapist said I need to learn one new thing every day. It's not like it has to be a big thing, just a fact or a trick on your cell phone will do. Isn't the world amazing? So much to learn and so little time.

Loreficent

Oct-27

Yes...it is a truly amazing planet for sure. Since you have Netflix, and like docs, I highly recommend watching “13th”. Careful, it may make you want to smoke, but don’t.

Cant wait to hear what your thoughts are on the Octopus one. You’re probably gonna cry. I did. 

TinyBadger

Oct-27

Well, carp. I'm a huge softie so there will be some weeping. 

Loreficent

Oct-27

And...enlightening! From both. 

TinyBadger

Oct-27

I think you should come up with a documentary must-see list for me. Hopefully some involving the ocean, but any subject will do. Do you watch a lot of them?