About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 45213 views.
euknight

Oct-28

I am cracking up about the dog eating cardboard

Loreficent

Oct-29

Oh, you should definitely make you some Kombucha! It’s fun! Easy too. I used to make fruit wine and that was fun but more touchy and a bit of a pain. With Kombucha you don’t worry so much about bad germs so to speak as the pH is so low. With wine you have to be more fussy. Plus I never drank it, just gave it all away. But it was fun. I just like learning and doing new things really. So, yes, get you a SCOBY and go! 
Well, wouldn’t do much good to whine about my hand! It is what it is. Been going bad for a while. Yeah, I’m right handed. It’s just this last month or so the wrist is swollen and hurts. Good thing we don’t walk on our hands as I’d really be in a world of hurt! Lol! It will be fine. Probably be December 2nd. Will find out tomorrow but that is maybe soonest I can get off. Yeah, she said a splint for two weeks. Will be fine!! But..honestly...Nightswimming had a role in it flaring. Just the way it’s played. Will be canceling my lesson tomorrow I think. Or maybe just go and hang out with him a bit and catch up on other stuff. That’s fun too. Trying not to think of potential longer term stuff right now. 
So, you mean NOT smoking made your heart rate go up? I’m not following. Let me read what you sent, lol! Smoking definitely is not good for the heart. This disco gym...sounds very fun though! Just you and the one friend? With a strobe and disco ball?? Woohoo!! I want to come! 
Im gonna take a little walk before bed. Will write more in the morning. Can see stars tonight and that isn’t gonna last much longer. kissing_heart

TinyBadger

Oct-29

Holy carp! He's a machine! He's been licking everything! What a weirdo. I can't wait til we are done with this malarky. What a world. 

Loreficent

Oct-30

I’m feeling a need to send hugs out tonight to my Tribe. The night is clear and beautiful and the stars lovely and bright. Tonight...I’ll send the sound of the waves on the breeze, across the sky, under the near full moon, East... where the sun always rises, yes? Mmmm. Goodnight girlz. dizzy 
And here is one from my strong friend John kissing_heart

Eve1973

Oct-30

Gm Lore, sending hugs back! By the way saw wheat you wrote to Whiteknight......road trip..... I was ALL IN! I know I was serious. 

I looked for the Tricky 8-11 months thread....can’t seem to find. What Tab is it under? 

Hope you are feeling better. When is your surgery? I’m sorry you can’t play piano, maybe try with your feet and you could get really good and have a UTube video. That would be hilarious! 

Have a great weekend! Happy Halloween!

Loreficent

Oct-30

Oh..my gosh! You just made me crack up so bad!! Yes, with my feet!joy
Actually have to put my old man Calvin in the bedroom when I play as he won’t stop walking on the keys. He never gets on the keys unless I am playing. I think he is trying to tell me something!joy
Ive been living in that thread, and all over actually. Yeah. This 8 month business sucks Eve. Just cc’d you on a post to Jaka as he and I both need help! I see though Saint Debbie lead you to it already. Didn’t include Tiny and Peggy as I want them to stay in the moment they are in. We will be there gosh darn it for them when they are in this 8 month business too. 

Oh yeahhh...road trip is so on!!! two_women_holding_handstwo_women_holding_handssee_no_evil That is me, you, Susan, Peggy, and Tiny covering her eyes!! Hahahahaha! 

Eve1973

Oct-30

Haha glad you laughed.....that was my intention. Yes I just replied to you. 

Road trip......we need a plan! Start thinking about that! Distraction!!! I’m thinking back now and sometimes I get in these dark moods (been all my life) usually just lasts a few days....world sucks, friends suck, work sucks, I just want to be left alone. I ignore calls etc. but my cigs were always there for me. Guess what no more cigs. So I have even gotten through the Blues without.......that’s what you are feeling now, so you will be ok! 

Life is a roller coaster of ups and downs......this Covid has us more down. But you really really NEED to UNPLUG sometimes,  watch those animal videos that make you laugh......Laughing is the BEST MEDICINE! Hugs

euknight

Oct-30

Yes....Was told at 6PM OF an incoming freeze warning so I raced out to dig up my basil and turn off and drag in the pool hose, cover plants, and there it sat in the sky....

That lovely October Blue Moon.  I have lost time this month it seems.  It has just escaped out of my fingertips.  I forgot the Blue Moon was coming and how appropriate it is.

Hugs back to ya, although a tad late

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

Oct-30

Eve and Lore,

Wow just read this after sending you a PM and am in that exact place under the covers........

Now I see you are too, Lore.  My heart goes out to you. My spirit wraps around you.  So sorry but it happens and will go away.  No energy to fight sometimes. No pressing engagements here so gonna let it rip, smoke free of course.  Too bad the nicotine was a fr....Ing ..liar about being my friend. He is not invited.

Tremendous pull To stay in the cave despite encouraging influences to get me out.  Maybe a double pull with the Blue Moon?  Would make sense cos blue is the color today.  Love yall

Pegs

CC to Loreficent
TinyBadger

Oct-30

You get the freeze, too, eh? It seems too early but I guess la nina is supposed to make for a very wet winter up here. It snows here but it's very dry, if that makes sense. A lot of people have trouble adjusting to the dry heat here. Anyhoo, save the basil! Save the basil! Do you make pesto? I've heard you can make it with almonds too. I've always wanted to try, but have been s little apprehensive. I really should grow my own in a window box. One of the ladies at work brings me chives and garlic and they are wonderful! Nothing better than local produce.