About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 60330 views.
Loreficent

Nov-4

Yooohooo, Tiny! Ms Tiny Badger! Where are you? Did you run away to the coast?? And not take me?? Are you standing by and standing down? Hahahaha! Sorrry....couldn’t help myself. Should I erase that? I won’t cause I’m hoping to get a rise out of you hahaha! Where are you today??? Are you ok??

Miss you my friend. Let me know your ok. kissing_heart

euknight

Nov-4

Lore,

Gotta admit, I like the night cloak.

Your message I missed somehow.  It was very Pink Floydish.  One of my first albums along with Stepenwolf Gold and Black Sabbath Paranoid.  Lol!!!

Actually am glad the Blue Moons are past.  I think there was just way too much energy from that last one.  It happens.  Will rediscover moonlight’s comfort at a later date.

Tomorrow I will be burning and hauling brush.  Always a good physical buzz.  New friend coming over with his chain saws etc.  Something about a guy with a chain saw.  So I will be in my element.

How is the wrist/hand?  Find anything to get you through this month pain wise?  Oh I hope so.  Going to read now in hopes of sleeping better.....the colder weather is helping that, btw So I can get up and go pyro!,  Hugs to ya

Loreficent

Nov-5

Good morning Ms Pyro! fire 

All I gotta say is be careful with those blazes. Speaking of, still no Riley come out of the haze. My friend is still in Eastern OR with her folks but about to go nuts for several reasons. I think she is coming next week and taking Max. We’ve all gotten quite used to and fond of him. Silly boy. I’ve been sleeping in the spare room with 3 cats and two dogs. Only way we can get a little sleep is to trim down on the adults. It’s fine except is now making me want to paint the other bedroom as I’m finding the spare room color pretty soothing. Maybe a Winter project. Seems I change colors every couple of years anyway. Always the same ones but just move them around to what room they are in. I might be pretty set on what is where in this house though. The layout kind of demands what I have, and truth be told, nobody else has any say over it! Lol! So, they either politely agree, or really like it. They do all agree on this blue I have where my piano and mermaid are, which is pretty important. How the heck did I get here? Oh. Spare room. 
You know, I was never much of a Pink Floyd fan. Not sure why? I saw them but left half way through. Kind of regret that now, but only for the sake of nostalgia. Honestly? I was too stoned. Yeah, was back in those days. Kind of pissed off my date as I insisted he take me home because of it. Was our third and last date, haha. Well, truth be told, he is likely one who is still stoned, so it was all for the better in my opinion, lol! I reckon these are the kind of things I might know if I were on FB. Which is precisely why I’m not! Haha!! 
Im with you Peggy. Something about a guy with a chainsaw.heart_eyes I do like my guys with a touch of rugged for sure. Levi’s and flannel shirts can get a guy somewhere with me. But...so can the right man bun and sandals, Lol! OMG. I’m gonna stop. I am not a shopper, folks...just innocent imagination! Is that the right word? Well,,suffice it to say, I am fine leaving it at thoughts, innocent or not. All else is just...folly. And dead weight, hahaha!!! joy I got dreams to live that nobody will stop me from living is what I’m saying. Ok...I’m digging a hole, so time to stop digging.

Actually...the night cloak takes me to the Pogues song...which takes me back to digging....which means I gotta stop again. But here’s to that:kissing_heart

My wrist only hurts when I use it, haha, so I don’t take anything. Wearing a splint most of the time and wrap my elbow in a towel at night to keep from bending my arm in my sleep. Works well except now Hugo thinks it is for him to nurse on. Funny kitty, taken from his momma too young? Boredom? Comfort? Kitty version of a cigarette maybe. Either way, it is actually endearing and I fall asleep rubbing his belly, like I used to with my other old guy, Calvin’s brother who now sits in an Urn on the nightstand. 
Ok...I’ve put far far too much out there with all this so far this morning! Haha! Ahhh...the natterings of an anxious addict. 
Have fun slashing and burning, but please be careful Peggy Love. kissing_heart

Make sure to feed that guy when you’re done. If he earns it, I mean. joy

Eve1973

Nov-5

So not sure who was crazy for spicy stuff like me, so decided to put it here.

Lore, I’m giving up your Kombucha.....why? Because for me it is good, but can only drink a few sips then have to put back. But I did find something I absolutely LOVE ?? which helps with my energy immensely! And I don’t get any royalties....lol. I know I told you about a juice cleanse I did in September. It was fantastic, lost weight, put the weight right back on, BUT I had a new found energy! So started working out, and lost some weight that way, so just finished another juice cleanse on Friday, and had a few juices left over, so have been drinking one a day since. But I absolutely love the SPICY ONE. I just feel that it wakes up every thing. So just ordered more of them. I believe they ship all over (not sure about overseas) but if anyone interested PM me and I can give you the website. Also remember when I was so exhausted in first couple months of the quit......think this would have helped. Anyway just letting you know why giving it up. Lol

Loreficent

Nov-5

Oh, I was gonna ask you about the cleanse thing! Was it hard? Do you get like solid food too? 
I am not offended if you give up the Kombucha, Eve! Especially if a good amount is going to waste. I don’t like it once it’s lost the fizz. The honey one keeps fizz better. But if you aren’t drinking it and like something better, I do want to know what it is! Will send PM for site. Are we not supposed to do that here? Makes sense.

Here I was nattering to Peggy about man buns and flannel shirts, and you were writing about spicy juice! Lol! Go figure. See?? Saint Eve. Me, I was just acting like something that rhymes with my name, lol! Ok. Can’t believe I just wrote that. IT IS FOR LAUGHING PURPOSE ONLY! 
Good gravy. I gotta walk some stuff OUT today!! Oh boy. Not sure what I brushed my teeth with this morning? Was gun powder the other morning, today seems like maybe...oysters?? Lol!! joy Aren’t they supposed to be an aphrodisiac? Haha. I’m gonna drink some chocolate milk and behave. 

CC to euknight
Eve1973

Nov-5

Lore, not sure if allowed to give out websites.......just figured if someone really interested, they could PM me. 

1st cleanse, didn’t read instructions correctly......what else is new, so by the 3rd day in the evening was starving so just ate some carrots. 2nd time followed directions and was never really hungry and had juices left over. (They give you cashew milk) since I’m allergic they substituted with whatever I asked for and that was the spicy one. So for the past 3 days have drank them. It’s like drinking water after long hot day in the sun and you are then motivated to mow your lawn! I’m not quite the words smith you are. Anyway it’s invigorating! 

No food only juices. And DO NOT do when you are working, wait for Days when you can readily get to a bathroom! Lol

Loreficent

Nov-5

OMG! Just carrots?? Bathroom readily available??! Hahaha! Oh boy. Well, better than Oysters I imagine!joy So give me the name of the spicy one! I like spicy!

We are all word smiths Eve! I love everything you write. Maybe you should write more and me write less!joykissing_heart

Eve1973

Nov-5

Did you go the website?  spicy #2. 

Loreficent

Nov-5

Eve....if I drink this stuff is my backside gonna look like that girl’s in the video?? I’m gonna buy them out! joyjoyjoyjoyjoy

Eve1973

Nov-5

I don’t know what girl you are talking about but I’m not making ANY promises!!!!