About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 118984 views.
Loreficent

11/9/20

Thanks, no nasal assault yet, can either go to my work later today or drive through tomorrow. Right now I think more water, back to bed, and nasal assault tomorrow. Fun. Again. I don’t think COVID, still no other symptoms but fever. Who knows with that though? Without respiratory symptoms test is about 67% accurate. 
Good question about the cookies! Bigger question is, where is Daughter? She made them in my nightmare. I just drove some damn truck with a broken fridge!joy Not sick enough to not use emojis, I see. Hmmm. Maybe this is a new gauge for patients? “Are you still using emojis? Yes? Well then go home as you are not sick enough to be here.” Hahaha! Now I am ROTFLMAO Eve. By the way, took me a minute to figure that out, I can imagine poor Jaka. Will have to send him PM on that.joy I’m off till Friday Tiny. May not make beach tomorrow as planned though.sweat I’ll just cc Jaka here and not write twice. Good night. 
Maybe ROTFLMAO is Universal Language?? 

Loreficent

11/9/20

Wait...Eve....just had to get back up and ask...you don’t mean pregnancy test do you?? joy

See...I’m fine. Haha. Now back to bed and there better be absolutely no “Lore is having a baby” nightmares or I will smoke! 

Eve1973

11/9/20

So Lore, your having a baby! Awesome do you want a girl or boy? Boy I think.....already have the daughter.....and why isn’t she making cookies? Get that whip out! Oh wait.......let’s not go there
   Ok boy it is.....should we call him John so you will always remember this YEAR? Isn’t John the name of the plant? 

Would you EVER FORGET this Year? I don’t think anyone ever will! Hope you have got some rest.....feel better..... and hope you laughed!

Loreficent

11/10/20

Better today. Hovering at 100° without ibuprofen so not even a fever really. Not by my standards. No other symptoms so am foregoing testing. Will have to if not completely better by Thursday as I work Friday. But since it is only Tuesday, I’ll wait and spare myself the nasal assault. 
Yes! John is the Agave! And...he still stands. Am gonna go see him now actually.

Come on Eve! Let’s go there. Crack that whip!! joy

There will be many books written about this year, I’m sure. No...I will never forget it. But I haven’t forgotten any yet! Haha! Hopefully never will!blush

euknight

11/10/20

Hello my friend!

Have really missed you.  You have been on my heart.  Read thru the health updates.  Fever down, that is good.  You mentioned test is 67% correct.....is this the 2 day up the nose one or the rapid result one?  Those are the 2 that are available I have heard of.  A lot more being tested and many more I know or know of with a positive result.  You know best.  Just want you well!,

So Ms. Pyro burned all day after tribe of 2 today.  So glorious today and new friend did so much pruning for me...Had mountains of brush which was all done today.  Too Windy the day he was here.  No, I did not feed him.  Offered but he declined.  Oh well sent some pretty fab tortilla soup home with him the other day so not totally rude.  Lol

Ya know Riley may have come out of the haze to someone else.  I just can’t get that vision out of my mind.  Oh no sweet Max is going back to his mama.  A blessing to have the precious boy for a season tho.  So you are in the spare room/pet room/ soothing color. Like a Zen blue green? All that sounds perfect by me. I like the sound of the blue with the piano and mermaid.  Is she a China figurine?  Where did you get her?  I have a few friends that like them.  I do too just no place really.  Maybe if I have my dream swim spa room I would set up a clandestine corner with grey river rock, something green and splash of ethereal  lighting on the wall.  Yeah, I like it.  Lol

oh your Pink Floyd date...too funny.  And absolutely YES an excellent save for not being on FB!!  Especially now!  Stir the pot of witches brew.  If they only knew how their rantings  put the spell on themselves.  You crack me up.

Power tools are a turn on period.  A is not a flannel shirt guy really.  Went from literally pounding stakes in the railroad tracks to corner office after years.  Retired now but still does stuff himself...like climbing that tree with the chainsaw. Has a yuppie side and a hard worker side.  Interesting combo.  He cut it, I hauled it.  Then I went nuts with new pole saw.

Precious sweet Hugo nursing on the towel wrapped wrist.  That is sweet when you just let them do it!,!  I am glad he is a comfort and lulls you to sleep. I do the tummy rubbing with Jackson, my boy

Thanks for health updates....Now what is this juice cleanse thing.  I want to know do you just drink one and eat normal??  I am actually starting to sleep much more normal than before but am curious.  Guess will pm Eve.

Take good care of you, Lore, for us.  We are here for you sweetest!!!

CC to Eve1973
Loreficent

11/10/20

Not sure how to describe Mermaid, so here is a pic. This is actually the “old” blue and it is back to the one I’ve used for years which is less muddy appearing and to me, makes a huge difference overall. Not sure why I let the guy at Benjamin Moore talk me into this one here, but it lasted 2 months and I went nearly insane. Spent well into the very wee hours one morning getting rid of it! But the only pictures I have with the “new” blue have Daughter in them and she doesn’t belong on the internet. Not by me...which brings me back to FB and all these folks who post pics of their kids! Not my style. More on power tools later! Hugs and thanks for the happy thoughts. Even better now after 2 hour nap! joy

• Edited November 10, 2020 7:48 pm  by  Loreficent
euknight

11/11/20

Love the room!!  Adorable flying Mermaid!  Have never seen one like that.  Soooooo cute.  Nice view of your flowers too.  That blue is cool...turquoise.....Love.  There is such a huge difference in blues, I hear ya.  This one took you to insanity?  Colors Definitely activate different emotions in different people.  I did my study in a what I thought would be a real cool zen green.....hated it so BAD. made the guy immediately change it to what I had in the majority of the house.  I am better staying in the neutrals 

Just wined to Eve about all my weight loss GONE that I lost in 3-19.  There ya go 2 months no swimming and eating whatever plus the COVID gain of course.   Bloodwork done this AM.  Maybe some numbers will improve since the smoke quit. Grrrrrrrrr.  Little consolation. Well probably better to add a few years to my life.  I know what to do, just have to do it. 

So you are home today recovering still?  You treat yourself will tender loving care, you hear?.  Hugs to ya!!

Loreficent

11/12/20

Tiny! I found us some socks! The ones on the left for you and the ones on the right for me! Lol!!joy

TinyBadger

11/12/20

I simply must have them! Let the googling begin...

euknight

11/12/20

They are both Fabulous!!!