About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 59728 views.
Loreficent

Dec-4

Hi Gkim,

I had to look back and see when I wrote about being sick, lol! I had a couple of days of low fever early November, don’t think was COVID, I think that is what you wrote to here? I am around it all the time at work but wear PPE. Was off for a few days at that time when I wrote that so didn’t get tested. Just got tested before my surgery and was good. I’m glad your case was rather mild! Not a disease I want. Was waffling on vaccine but think I will get it. 

gkim

Dec-5

Yes, I’d definitely get it. Was also scary about this virus is that they are finding out there’s some terrible long term effects. Months later people are getting debilitating symptoms. Why change it when there’s a vaccine. Glad you’re recovering well. 

Loreficent

Dec-14

Forgot to let you know earlier that tonight is the peak of the Geminid Meteor Shower. Not totally clear here but I’m going out for a drive to a spot closer to the Gorge and away from the city light a bit to see what I can see. Maybe would be good where you are Peggy too. 
Nice way to start winding down the year. Oh, what a year it’s been. Yeah. Hope you guys are well. Will let you know how the gazing goes. 

CC to euknight
In reply toRe: msg 873
Loreficent

Dec-14

That was amazing. Nothing like staring up into the sky and watching meteors. So busy that Space around us is and here we are, oh so caught in our troubles and tangled webs, bad designs, meaningless plots, and tentative aspirations. Mmmm. Restores a sense of balance and hope, really. Soooo, so, so needed that alone time! I love my Stanley green thermos too. Was thinking about when I went last year to see the peak that I layer there and smoked some. Had a bit of urge this year, and am counting it as another first down. Next up, my most favorite... Yule. Hmmm. Maybe Winter isn’t so bad this year after all. Jury still out on that though!joy

Have a lovely day. I’m off to bed, pile on the critters, and warm my toes. The critters seem a bit out of sorts as they aren’t used to me being out quite this late. Poor babies better sleep in. kissing_heart

TinyBadger

Dec-14

I always think about how lucky I am to stand outside and look up at the stars. S lot of people can't do that because of the buildings and city lights. It's lovely. I admit I didn't see the meteors but I bet it was really neat. It's nice to be reminded about the things you said, that we are basically specks in the universe. Cuddle on, loreficent, sleep in and enjoy the varmints. 

Loreficent

Dec-14

I love that: “cuddle on and enjoy the varmints”. Finally got to sleep around 6am, up at 8 as I had to go in and use work computer to fill out forms for my COVID vaccine. Looks like I will be getting it this week. Yay! I think???

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Dec-14

Wow Lorie,you bought airpods pro?hope you are enjoying it.i am really enjoying my bose quiet comfort over the ear.i assume your hands are getting better seeing your eloquent posts here.i am so happy you are enjoying the time.

TinyBadger

Dec-14

Anything to keep you safe. Speaking as someone who is not a medical provider but does have contact with patients, this is a scary time. Yep, I call my dogs varmints, although I don't think max will appreciate it. You owe him big time for the antlers. You need sleep to recover, you know that! Have you seen john lately? Any coyotes? I feel like you need a turtle. We could have a name the turtle contest here. 

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Dec-14

Hii Tiny,let me name the turtle??what about squirtle?thats a pretty name right?

CC to Loreficent
TinyBadger

Dec-14

I think that's a fine name!