About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SOS .. Wrestling with "just one" thoughts again ...    Quit Support

Started May-25 by JerseyDee; 1115 views.
Jayceelum

May-28

Hi Dee,

I know just how that feels!! The guy I live with smokes (like one a day, if that) and offered me one the other night... I said no, but I have thought about that cigarette a few times since then! It's just one!!!! That was a couple of days ago and he still has cigs left in the pack. I cannot relate to the way he smokes, but even that would leave me feeling so stinky, discouraged, low and disgusted with myself. My quit has become the most important thing to me because I thought it was HOPELESS! Did you ever feel that way when you were smoking? I really had tried to quit so many times that I felt sure that I was one of those people for whom quitting would never happen. 

I hope you are having a great day! Laugh at that little nicotine monster and tell him to RECOGNIZE the strength in you!! xo

Jaycee

JerseyDee

May-28

Hi Jaycee -- how someone can just smoke one a day is very interesting to me.  If I *could* have done just that I never would have really pushed myself to quit.  One a day for the rest of my life .. if only.  

Yes, every day is a struggle sometimes but we can tell that monster to beat it!  We can beat this thing Jaycee! .. I am certain of it.   

Thanks for writing. - Dee

overdoz

May-28

I was having serious junkie thinking before, out of nowhere. I guess it happens, i know its stress of some kind for me. I often have wondered how some people could smoke like 1 a day, the least i had gotten to was 2-3 a day at night, but it didnt last for too long, they say they come in packs after that, and we will be where we were when we first started, and thats a lot of work.. The beginning is so much effort to break free, its kinda dishearening that this thing keeps hanging on to us. Have you heard from Anthony hope he's doing good. Last week when i was having a real bad crave i got a spaghetti and meatballs at a real good italian restaurant. Have a good evening. 

Overdoz quit 04-17-2020

JerseyDee

May-29

Hi Overdoz. Yes, I get it how your 2-3 a night would lead back to packs again.  N, haven't seen Anything post in a couple of days I don't think.  Hope you enjoyed the spaghetti and meatbalsl!

overdoz

May-29

Yeah they were delicious, i want to get into shape.

Yes my 2-3 would totally lead to packs, thats why im staying away away from them. 

Jatchat

May-30

Hi Overdoz,

Still going strong, I must admit i've had a few cravings lately but nothing to threaten my quit, I bought a new camera/second hand during the week and I have been busy getting used to it, consequently I'm all out of my regular routine, exercise, study, and diet, time to crack the whip, my sleep is suffering also last few nights barely got 4 hours, but I had a nap this afternoon for two hours, nice.

in about four hours I will have my four weeks up, so it feels good then on June 2nd one whole month, it will feel even better. How are you going? still running? and fasting? I bought a new set of scales today and they calculate everything BMR and BMI so now I have a calory  target for my weight loss.

See my weight loss dietician next Friday and quit smoking counselor on Monday. Busy week LOL.

Take care my friend and keep kicking those butts to the curb.

Kind regards

Anthony 

overdoz

May-30

Trying to begin a new fast today, Been under a lot of stress with work, explains why i have been getting these cravings but have remained vigilant. Having these recurring thoughts that i can buy a pack and have a few, but who am i kidding, they just come in packs. And i would be back to wanting to quit again. Gonna try for a run this morning took sometime off, listened to my body was very sore. 

It takes a lot of time to figure out camera, i used to photograph a lot for a couple years, now i just do it here and there with a film camera and develop my film and store in on negative holder. I have a digital as well, 

Have a good day being quit . Overdoz quit 04-17-2020

livtoswim

May-30

Hi Anthony,

Congratulations!  June 2 will be one month for me too!   It's funny we picked the

same date.  I think we both started here in 2017 is that right?  I think we had enough practice and maybe this time it's the real thing.  

I am very happy for you.  Have a wonderful day enjoy  

Jatchat

May-31

It's wonderful to know I am in such good company, we can do this, beat this addiction, 

Kind regards

Anthony 

I started back in 2000, and I'm still trying, tragic isn't it.

• Edited May 31, 2020 5:32 am  by  Jatchat
Jatchat

May-31

I missed out on lunch today, I think I only ate about 1100 cals, weigh in tomorrow. Four weeks up yesterday. hoot hoot!

I've been out taking photos today, here is one I took in my backyard with a 400 ml lens, a bit grainy the blue wren when I cropped it.

Take care Overdoz, keep kicking those butts to the curb

Kind regards

Anthony