About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

One month   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started May-28 by MichaelaOana; 246 views.
MichaelaOana

May-28

Hello dear friends. I am one month smoke-free today! 

I still have cravings in the middle of the night, but hey, it is ok. It is not something I can not handle.

I do not use Nicorette gum anymore (one week since the last pice) but Nicorette inhalator when I get too nervous. 

The only important thing is that I really fight for my freedom saying that mantra day by day Not another puff no matter what.

Something is very different this time. The fought off one cigarette is absent, that does not torture me anymore like the last quit.

As a reward, I bought my self a beautiful color for my hair- henna mandala, I love it.

My sister brought me flowers as a gift for my quit! More Petunia flowers heart_eyes

I love my life so much as a free person from this addiction!

I wish you a nice smoke-free day. Hugs blush

Eve1973

May-28

Great Michaela,

You are doing fantastic! Glad you have rewarded yourself!

Congrats on being 1month.....it’s fantastic that you repeat your mantra and that your sister is supporting you! Sounds like you have a great support system!

Guard your quit! And congratulations again! 

Best to you....Eve

MichaelaOana

May-28

Thanks, Eve! I will guard my quit. I know some craves comes in waves and that are periods of time when I feel very low, then I feel good, happy, proud and so on. 

Mindfulness and autohypnosis helps me alot.

Eve1973

May-28

Wow! Yes you do know! And I hate to say this everyday is new challenge, at least for me. Some days I go the whole day without thinking of smoking, and other days I’m eating everything in site and am a couch potato and in a crappy mood all day. 

I know it’s probably psychological but just wondering when it will end...... the sleeping issues, wow! I went from being  constantly exhausted to being 5 more minutes to sleep! Which by the way turned in 3 more hours! I was an early riser, but not now. I actually forced myself to wake earlier (set 2 alarms this morning with one across the room) today. I NEED to get on a schedule for when work opens up again. 

I’m so happy you are doing so well

Elizaquits

May-28

Michaela,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would put a star on here, but I don't know how lol 

I am so excited for you!! It is good to treat yourself, you totally deserve it. That, and it is so sweet that your sister is encouraging you as well - the more support the better!

Again, kudos to you! :)

euknight

May-28

Congrats Micheala!!  Woo-hoo

Love the mandala henna!

So proud of you and your month. Keep up the good work.

Be strong!

Blessings,

Peggy

5-8-20

MichaelaOana

May-28

Thank you, dear Peggy relaxed

SusanK1960

May-28

That is fantastic Michaela! Congratulations!

MichaelaOana

May-28

Thanks. Nice picture heart

Jatchat

May-28

Congratulations Michaela