About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Slip   General Chit-Chat

Started May-28 by Fardaddy72; 125 views.
Fardaddy72

May-28

Just smoked a cigarette for the first time in 10 days. So disappointed in myself. It was not at all satisfying. I have been enjoying the benefits of not smoking but I drank beer an fell weak. I’ve been smoking for 30 years I know it’s time to quit I’m going to try to give it my best shot again after this slip it’s so hard . I knew I can do it though .

Eve1973

May-28

Staying away from alcohol in the beginning of your quit is highly recommended. Especially since it goes hand in hand!

Fardaddy72

May-28

Duly noted I will from now on I got rid of the tobacco. Just for a long jog. Thanks

Elizaquits

May-28

Hey - 

Try not to beat yourself up too much. I slipped after just a few days during my first quit this year and bought a pack. I won't lie, I smoked the whole pack (although it took me about 3 days where normally I was a pack a day smoker), when I was done with the pack I started a new quit and that one stuck - now I am just about 7 weeks smoke free. 

Now you know that it wasn't satisfying - so when you quit again, you can just remind yourself of that. 

Just don't give up, keep trying and it will happen for you :)