About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Sunday May 30th ...    General Chit-Chat

Started May-31 by JerseyDee; 66 views.
JerseyDee

May-31

Good Morning All .. So here we are on the eve of June.  Finally some nice warm weather out my way.  I have not been dealing with cravings at the moment and all is well .. I did well yesterday afternoon as well and surprised myself .. even had a virtual date last night and I had a couple of drinks during it ..

,,, still even with alcohol cravings went OK. That was good.  However, later last night I thought and dwelled on how clumsy and awkward this video dating is while in lock down is and meeting virtually for first time and how conversation was noit flowing 100% due these obstacles and then I got whipped up and thinking of all that and wanting a smoke to ease my mind.  Junkie.

On a personal note I am really into this guy: good looking and good pesrsonality but do not know the impression I made on him on video.  Virtual/Video can suck.  The whole thing is just so odd all being done virtually during this lock down.

Anyway, today I will wrestle around the thought on whether I blew it or not. whether I hear from him or  not . And NOT let my mind going to junkie thinking in this time of stress.  NOPE .. not going to happen .. not today. not ever.

I heading out the door soon to take the dog for a walk and take in this sun/weather.  But before i do I am pledging my NOPE pledge and leaving you with a quote of the day that I am feeling this morning.  Doesn't pertain directly to the quit .. but indirectly as it applies to life, thus applies to well being and mental state .. so indeed indirectly to the quit.  Take from it what you will.  Have a pleasant spring nearly June Sunday!   Who will be next to take their pledge today? ... 

“If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.”
Tom Peters,