About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Wed June 3    General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-3 by JerseyDee; 314 views.
JerseyDee

Jun-3

Good Morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Very humid here this morning.  Are we going to go straight from winter into summer or what?  Seems like an extremely short spring.

I have been emotional from this quit lately.  This morning I got teary eyed when they showed footage of medical professionals taking a knee and holding a sign that says 'you cheer for us we kneel for you" .. goodness .. why would that make me cry? ..

I know it is ALL related to this quit as I have been over emotional lately.  Amazing how tied emotions are into this.

Well .. thanks for listening.  Today I pledge to be smoke free for another day.  Who will be next to join?

And I closing off with the quote i am feeling today. Enjoy and have  a great hump day Wednesday! ... 

13 Powerful Quotes About Inner Strength

Elizaquits

Jun-3

Good morning, everyone!

As always, Dee has posted a great quote to kick of the day!!

I will also say NOPE today, who else will join us?!

modanjim

Jun-3

Eliza,

I will join you with a NOPE NOPE NOPE motto for today.

Everyone gather round for the pledge, and have a wonder smoke free day!

Maureen 04/15/2020.

Ginger3077

Jun-3

Good morning my non smoking friends. Here is my daily NOPE pledge. Who's next?

Kicked the butt 8/1/19

kittymom413

Jun-3

I'm next, Ginger relaxed I'll gratefully join my forum family to pledge NOPE today!! Who wants to join us? Here, take my hand...we are stronger together!

Have an incredible smoke free day, everyone,

Kitty cat

Ovivi

Jun-3

Glad to join you sweet smelling people in a joyful NOPE today. Looking forward to seeing the next person to pledge.

Wendy

quit Sept 6, 2019

In reply toRe: msg 6
euknight

Jun-3

Right there with ya, Wendy.  I beautiful pledge day for sure.  NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

Heat has definitely started in Texas.  Feeling lazy this morning and perfectly calm about it!!

started swimming last night and did better that I thought.  Perfect weather. Then did my new stretch meditation on the deck where the dogs stood, laid  guard!!  It was awesome except for the wild hog snorts in the valley.    Lol

I lead a group on Tuesdays and had some pretty long craves during it but not too bad.  I was nervous about that but this is the 2nd week and I have been fine so far.  I am really glad this quit was during Covid19 so I could easily be alone more.  I did get irritable I noticed yesterday which I don’t usually.

Anyway...a wonderful smoke free day to all.  Who will join us with this Wed. Pledge?

Peggy

5-8-20

Jatchat

Jun-3

I will join with you Peggy and Pledge NOPE today, Here take my hand and join us.

Kind regards

Anthony 

I'll join hands with you today, Anthony and pledge NOPE, I promise not to smoke today. For all the newbies out there, you are doing this!  Stay strong and remember that this is not a race, but a marathon. If you fall off the horse, dust yourself off and climb back up. Remember that the only time you fail is when you quit trying!

Buddy Clyde

Quit - 06-22-11

livtoswim

Jun-3

Hello Buddy

I will join you today and not smoke today.  I invite others to join. 

Who's next