About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

For my fellow patch people..   Quit Support

Started 6/7/20 by Elizaquits; 2202 views.
TinyBadger

Jun-24

Thanks! I'm on day 14 and still going. It's pretty neat- when I took my freedom from smoking class the pharmacist went over out insurance plans and I found out with a rx my patches and lozenges are free. So I'm working those. The bad part is that it only pays for exactly the number of patches you need, so I wore the patch off and on when I first started quitting. So now I don't have the number of 21 mg patches I need. I bought some Walgreens brand and I like them better than the Costco brand. They aren't so sticky that I can't get them off and they don't irritate my skin. At least they were on sale. I'm going to follow the instructions precisely so I have the best possible chance of succeeding. I don't want to give up this quit because I've worked really hard to get here. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it. More than few people here have said to protect your quit like a baby or a puppy and I'm trying to do that. Man, it's hard to walk by the smokers at work! I'm almost to the point of pitying them, knowing that at least a few would love to quit but feel like I felt, that I was too weak or it was futile to even try. Ive heard that there is nothing more annoying than a non-smoker, but I'd love to tell them about quitting, and that it's doable. I'd love to tell them how life could be. It can be so much better, if they'd only try. 

SusanK1960

Jun-24

You survived heck week!  Good job!

TinyBadger

Jun-24

Well, thank ye! It's so worth it!

Loreficent

Jun-25

Strong work Tiny.

Im proud of you. Just keep wearing time out. It’s gonna go by either way. Yeah...strong work. 

overdoz

Jun-25

Yeah the Nicoderm CQ's are the best even though they say at drugstore they all work the same, plus a firm commitment to quit and stay quit also helps. 

Elizaquits

Jun-25

Happy belated two weeks!! :)

TinyBadger

Jun-25

Well, thanks! Today I thought I was gonna die I wanted one so bad. Hopefully this doesn't happen too often. 

Ginger3077

Jun-25

The nicotine is out of your system. Now you have to fight your thoughts. Keep going.

TinyBadger

Jun-25

Well I admit I'm using nrt so the nicotine isn't totally out. I wish I could say that I'm totally out of the thick of it, but I'm going to be slowly weaning myself off of nicotine for a bit. I've been doing really well on patches so getting punched with such a strong urge caught me off guard. 

Elizaquits

Jun-26

Just know that it will pass. I flew through week 1 but week 2 and 3 were harder for some reason. There is a good article on here that talks about the icky 3's - 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months (if I am not mistaken), you should check it out, it may help. 

For me, around that time the cravings were mental, I was using the patch so I had nicotine in me. Each time you fight through a craving you are not only building your muscle memory, you are also one step closer to staying quit!