About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Not One Puff Ever   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-28 by DebraAnne60; 197 views.
DebraAnne60

Jun-28

I have not taken one puff since January 1, 2020 and I post my NOPE pledge today with this pic of  Algonqine Park, Ontario Canada for your viewing pleasure:

Early Season Canoeing in Algonquin Park - Hike Bike Travel"Don't look at quitting tobacco as a sacrifice. You're not giving up anything of value. Your quit program is a gift. Change your attitude and you'll find lasting release from this unhealthy habit. (Wellness)

modanjim

Jun-28

I am pledging NOPE today with you Debra. Have not have one puff since 04/15/2020.

Hope to keep it that way!!

Thank you for the beautiful picture.

Maureen

04/15/20.

TinyBadger

Jun-28

I'm joining in and saying nope today. I'm holding strong, and I hope others here are also trying their best to beat this terrible addiction. 

euknight

Jun-28

Right there with ya DebraAnne, Maureen and Tiny,

Rejoicing in another smoke free day.  No interest in a Puff.

Anyone else to join us?

Peggy

5-8-20

overdoz

Jun-29

those pictures make me want to come up to Ontario..

Jatchat

Jun-29

I pledge NOPE today and invite others to join us, how are you Overdoz? 

overdoz

Jun-29

Im back on the saddle again as the song goes from Aerosmith... 

Jatchat

Jun-29

Great work Overdoz, you can do it, I know how the nicotine attraction works I think, I nearly fell for it last night, but pure obstinance got me through.

Wishing you all the best, remember to post when the going gets tough

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoz

Jun-30

Thanks Anthony, i saw a great interview last night on BBC i believe of blue zones in the world. This guy they were interviewing basically said that the biggest thing we can do to change our happiness level was to change environments. Its better than changing behavior habits if i understood correctly, the environment plays a bigger role than anything else. Basically who we choose to spend time with will also affect what are life choices are or will be. 

I quit yesterday completely, Mondays are a good day to start new things. 

Jatchat

Jun-30

Yes overdoz, a happy environment is conducive to internal happiness, I can believe that. Congratulations on getting back into the groove. Take care brother, and keep posting. Even if it's just a NOPE.

Kind regards

A

• Edited June 30, 2020 10:51 pm  by  Jatchat